Laptop is booting only when in certain position

Closed
ewunia - Oct 23, 2017 at 04:49 AM
 ewunia - Oct 23, 2017 at 05:04 PM
Hello,

Im coming here with a little desperate question as I need some writting tool very badly for my studies and i dont really have a budget to buy a new one.
So recantly Ive digged up my old laptop ACER aspire 4810T that is working fast and perfectly except forone big problem 4 years ago it would start to make that bad hdd noise and turn off unexpectedly or would not be able to find boot divice. If it was placed right and stable on a table it would work perfectly unsless Ive moved it. So i took it to a guy and tried to explain to him that it feels like the hardrvie is ok, just it doesnt manage to get connected in certain position so in my amateurs opinion its a connection of harddrive. He said its a harddrive, changed it, took 150 euros and the problem restarted few months after.
So basically i think it proves that IT WASNT the harddrive since its been changed and problem is still there. Now im writing on this laptop, its working fine, but if i ;ove it sligthly it might shut down and not be able to find a boot.
I've read somewhere on this forum this advice:

Solution: Jam a small stack of three (3) plastic cards (I used Gift cards from any store that sells them. It's free!) on top of the Hard-drive. Screwed the lid back on tightly, and reboot. To my amazement the darn thing worked with no problems or delays.

and it seems crazy enoguh to work.

Did anybody have the same problem and foiund a solution?
please, im desperate here.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 23, 2017 at 04:17 PM
Physical connections fail. It seems as though the body had warped, causing the connections to "fall apart". Thanks for sharing!
Hey, thank you for the answer, is there anything i could do then to make it better?