Ask a question Report

Cant open my facebook profile? [Solved/Closed]

EllysMar - Latest answer on Jan 1, 2013 09:43PM
Hello, I can log on i can see all the other features on my page but when i try to open my profile it says that it has an Error and that they are trying to fix it its been 2 days already what can i do to fix this problem myself? I apreciate any help i can get thanks again.
Read more 
Answer
+75
moins plus
I had the same problem, not being able to get to my profile using Firefox. I fixed it by going to Tools --> Options --> Content --> Block pop-up windows: Exceptions --> enter www. facebook. com and hit Allow.

haiTEk- Nov 12, 2009 02:14PM
Jake 57 Thanks a lot - it works!!

Firefox: fix by going to Tools --> Options --> Content --> Block pop-up windows: Exceptions --> enter www. facebook. com and hit Allow.
help- Apr 10, 2010 09:25PM
did work
con- Dec 10, 2012 06:47PM
Didnt work
Answer
+25
moins plus
EVERYBODY LISTEN! I had this same exact problem for almost a month but when I did my research, I found the solution. This is what you need to do:

1. On the top right corner, click the Account tab.

2. Look a little bit down at the options and click Application Settings.

3. On ALL of the quizes you've taken and ALL of the application boxes in your profile (Like, Truth Box, or Sketch me.), YOU MUST DELETE EVERY SINGLE UNWANTED AND USELESS APPLICATIONS BY CLICKING THE SMALL X ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE APPS. It may take a bit of time though if you had a lot like me!

4. Wait about, 2 days. It worked like a charm for me!

Hope this helped!

PS: If this doesn't help, don't waste your time contacting the Admins. They hardly ever reply. Try clearing your temporary files, history, cookies, saved passwords, and web form information. That might help!

lll- Apr 29, 2010 03:22PM
worked for me thank you
Ambucias 21560Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus July 2, 2015 Last seen - Apr 29, 2010 03:29PM
Hello III

Your feedback is much appreciated especially that not many people take the time, hence it is difficult to say if the solution provided was effective.

Thank you again.
annonymus- Apr 30, 2010 12:42AM
yup worked like a charm!! :D
Answer
+12
moins plus
yes deleting temporary files worked for me.

sportzgurl999- Mar 23, 2009 08:31PM
how do you delete temporary files??
dude- Sep 7, 2009 12:21PM
Guys. DELETE YOUR TEMP INTERNET FILES. It worked for me too. Login fresh to facebook and wallah!!
Like they said. Top of iexplorer tools - internet options - delete files
akshaya- Jan 19, 2010 01:23AM
we used delete everything in the temp files or wat?
chris- Apr 30, 2010 03:09AM
thanks dudes it works saved me fom having nervous breakdown
Ambucias 21560Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus July 2, 2015 Last seen - Apr 30, 2010 05:35AM
Chris,

You are totally welcome, I am glad you can now relax.
Answer
+11
moins plus
go to account, then application settings, then click the box next to 'show' click on authorized and press the x button next to links, and some other applications that you never use, (as much as you can ), then exit Fb and re-enter. This worked for me.

annonymus- Apr 30, 2010 12:41AM
awesome..it worked!!!
Answer
+6
moins plus
OMG..U GUYS R GENIUS...FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK.....GUYS JUST DELETE THE AUTHORIZED APPLICATION....

Answer
+5
moins plus
Duke 42 Thank You very much i tried loadin firefox but i still cant get into my profile i can use all the other features just not my profile everytime i try to open it i get a message that says Error we are tring to fix it as soon as possible & that was 3 days ago; Does anyone know whats going on or can someone help me fix my problem

Hoodlum- Feb 14, 2009 08:33PM
i have the same problem ,, but i solve it by using very simple step .... u need to delet your internet temprery files .. thaaaaaaats all .. and now every thing went excellent. try it guys , u'll lose nothing. it works with me.
stew- Feb 19, 2009 08:33PM
how do u delete temperary internet files
manan- Oct 16, 2009 01:53AM
use ccleaner . go to run-type 'temp'-enter- dlt them . go to run again tyae'%temp%' and dlt that files also
faizan khan- Oct 9, 2009 09:46AM
since 5 days i cant see my profile page and my friends also cant see. plz tell me the easiest solution.
Answer
+4
moins plus
Try loading Firefox and log in see if that works?
Make sure you have XP SP2 loaded as well

Answer
+4
moins plus
Just wanted to let you guys know that there is a solution if your with 3 internet provider. I have spoken to them and have had to update my broadband software through;

Firmware update-
http://www.three.com.au/...

I would recommend that you call your 3 internet provider and report the problem. Apparently there are a few people having this issue, but not that many have reported it so it's not a priority. They can also help you trouble shoot so that you can fix the problem without mucking up anything.

Melike (female :D)

Naamo- Dec 6, 2008 05:39PM
Hi I am with three mobile broadband I don't know yet if your solution is going to fix my problems with facebook, but if it does I'm going to give you a big kiss and hug!
Naamo- Dec 7, 2008 05:08AM
xxxx oooooo Yes Yes Yes Thank you My problem was also fixed with a firmware upgrade for my mobile modem. Anyone else with this problem and your on three make sure you give three help a call they can fix it CHEERS
delee- Apr 4, 2010 03:21PM
That's not the issue because I have 3 computers connected to the same broadband using a router and only one computer is having the issue.
Answer
+3
moins plus
im from malaysia,,
me too..
cant open facebook this day..
WHY??

Answer
+2
moins plus
cant open my facebook profile

BigSteve- Nov 26, 2008 06:15PM
Hi I've had many problems with Internet explorer 6, 7 & 8 mainly with Facebook - some machines would work some wouldnt, its something to do with the cool lokking win xp effects according to some internet sites - you best bet (which I did & would recommend) keep Internet explorer but google, download & use FIREFOX!

its free, easy to use, you can have cool themes & plug ins, tabs, saves the last site you visited & I've never had it go wrong. - Trust me, Firefox
knox o- Apr 23, 2010 11:09PM
i've had this happen a number of times over the past few days, both on firefox and on safari. funnily enough, never on explorer (at work). after a while it seems to work ok again, though i've also noticed things like not being able to make comments (all the 'like/share/comment' boxes just disappeared), which then also comes back later.
latest problem is attempting to add photos to a note, and not having an external blog import as usual.
Answer
+2
moins plus
it is something to do with 3 internet for me. i can use facebook fine on my own computer if i use any other internet connection in cafe, work etc but my home mobile 3 internet wont let me access facebook at all. for a while it was showing me the homer page but no ones profiles, now it just wont open at all.. it just loads forever with a blank screen. i cant call the 3 mobile internet plan is not in my name, need soemthing online i can see if it works.
cheers.

Answer
+2
moins plus
The person that gave the link to the Three website is spot on. I downloaded the upgrade and now everything is working fine.

Thanks heaps.

Anyone else that is with 3 Broadband then that's the answer.

Answer
+2
moins plus
GOT IT!! Deleting some of my "authorized" applications wasn't enough. I bit the bullet and deleted the rest of them in frustration then "refreshed" my page. It worked. Now... to start rebuilding what I lost... :)

Me- Apr 29, 2010 11:46PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND DID THIS AND I CAN FINALLY SEE MY PROFILE AGAIN!!!! THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TIP!!!
Answer
+1
moins plus
I'm going through the same issue, however, I noticed that it works using the Firefox web browser. You might want to give that a try.

Chuck Whealton

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi,

I have the same issue... but if you click on your profile photo rather than on your name or the profile tab it seems to work.
hmmmm...

Good luck,
V.

Answer
+0
moins plus
Here's an idea - don't use firefox. Opera all the way.

estrela- Nov 20, 2009 02:10PM
Desde ontem, não consigo abrir meu profile.
O PC trava. Mas só no meu profile
Vejo Home, vejo o perfil dos meus amigos, passeio por eles, mas o meu não entro mais.
Uso o Firefox, nunca tive problemas, não acredito ser ele, o Internet Explorer é que me deu dor de cabeça.
Como fazer pra entrar no meu profile?
Help!!!
Answer
+0
moins plus
Cleaning out my application settings worked straight away. Thanks

Answer
+0
moins plus
me too! i'm from malaysia and cant open my fb since this morning,.wht the hell is going on?

Answer
+0
moins plus
same here,from Malaysia. What the hell is happen now? Just try to enter my facebook a few minutes ago but still the same.

Answer
+0
moins plus
ATTENTION

FACEBOOK TODAY MAY 3RD AT 1:33 PM BST, IS EXPERIENCING SERVER DIFFICULTIES IN MALAYSIA AND AROUND.

BE PATIENT AND TRY AGAIN LATER OR TOMORROW!

1 2 Next
This document entitled « cant open my facebook profile? » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.