Gmail account hacked

Closed
Esmerritta - Updated on Oct 25, 2017 at 04:54 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 26, 2017 at 04:32 AM
SOS, please help. My google account was hacked and all the information changed. Please help to recover it.

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 25, 2017 at 04:54 AM
Before we can help you tell us:

How were you able to determine that your account was hacked and that login information was changed?

When is the last time you successfully accessed your account?

When you can’t access your account it does not necessarily mean that it was hacked.
Ambucias, thank you for response. Here is what happened.

I’ve been using this account (mentioned below) on the same computer and same location for the last 1 - 2 years and never encountered problems. I even had auto sign-in and didn’t have to type password every time.

Then out of sudden last Friday, Oct 20, google security stopped recognizing the device I was using and locked me out of my account. I managed to change the password but the next day the same thing happened.

I am still not able to recover it since the only security question it asks is when I created my account and code that it sends to my e-mail. It’s been 10+ years so I don’t remember the exact date but I enter the code.

Meanwhile I have been locked out from all my accounts that I was registered on with ***@***

What makes it more frustrating is that it keeps sending me the same message saying that they couldn't verify it is my e-mail address and I should provide more info. How can I provide more info when it sends me to the same location and asks the same question!

Is there anything could be done? Please, help if you can.

Regards,
Asmer
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 26, 2017 at 04:32 AM