Laptop producing sounds

Closed
nottechy - Updated on Nov 1, 2017 at 02:18 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Nov 1, 2017 at 05:55 PM
Hello, I am using an Asus Laptop, Model X455L. I bought it last year, 2016 for educational use.
I am worried of what has happened. I downloaded a torrented movie. After, I played it. I noticed that there is another set of sounds that’s playing like I am playing 2 movies at one time but I’m not. I paused the movie and closed (exit) the google chrome, everything that was open except the movie player. But the sound is still there. I tried closing the movie player, and still the sound is there. It’s not like a normal sound. It’s like in a movie where theres a conversation with people.

I want to ask what’s the problem with my laptop and how can I possibly fix this. I am suspecting there’s someone hacking in my laptop or something. There’s this trojan thing that was discussed in our subject. It says that it creates a backdoor in your system and that it can access your files. I’m hoping this is not it.

Sorry for my english. Not my mother tounge but I hope you understand what I meant. Also, I am not techy, so please help me with my problem. I hope someone can reply as soon as possible. I am seriously worried. I couldn’t find any solution on the internet.

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 1, 2017 at 05:32 PM
It sounds like you got malware from the Torrent and now you have another window open in your browser. A good anti-malware program like Malwarebytes can clean out these programs. It will need to clean-out the "browser helper" malware and any malware Registry entries.

Good Luck