Psexec Syntax

Closed
extromen - Nov 2, 2017 at 06:03 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 6, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Windows 10
Psexec syntax and problem with programs

Hi,

can you please give me an advice about using PSEXEC on Windows 10? I would like to run/start program with GUI on remote computer, but its not working.

I Can run program with PID, which i can see in task manager, but no GUI is showing on monitor, unforutnately. Down I will copy some commands, which I have already tried. For example my idea is run chrome.exe on remote computer in LAN, with GUI on remote computer of course.

BTW: I have no problem to use psexec to the same computer with the syntax: psexec \\computer -u remote/admin -p xxx shutdown /r (or for example ipconfig)

But program is problem for me, here are some commands with errors on computer:

C:\Users\xx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
PsExec v2.2 - Execute processes remotely
Copyright (C) 2001-2016 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
[3676:6068:1031/223133.523:ERRORrocess_singleton_win.cc(409)] Lock file can not be created! Error code: 32
[3676:6068:1031/223133.523:ERROR:chrome_browser_main.cc(1547)] Failed to create a ProcessSingleton for your profile directory. This means that running multiple instances would start multiple browser processes rather than opening a new window in the existing process. Aborting now to avoid profile corruption.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe exited on student-08 with error code 21.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx -i -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe started on student-08 with process ID 8832. - DOESNT START ANY PROCESS ON REMOTE COMPUTER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxx -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe started on student-08 with process ID 1936. -PROCESS SUCESSFULL STARTED, I CAN SEE IN TASK MANAGER, BUT NO GUI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxx "C:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://www.yahoo.com/"
^C
C:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe exited on student-08 with error code 1.
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxx -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe exited on student-08 with error code -1073741502.
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx calc.exe -u remote\admin -p xxx -i
calc.exe exited on student-08 with error code 0.
přitom, když dám psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx shutdown /r tak to funguje bez problému, to samé např. výpis ipconfig také bez problému

I have tried these syntaxions, but i wasnt succesfuull

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 2, 2017 at 04:41 PM
OK, so you are attempting to produce a GUI from the remote machine? It is a lightweight alternative to PCANYWHERE, so that means, it will not produce a GUI!
ok,i understand that i cant run gui on local pc, but there is no command how to run gui for remote computer? PCANYWHERE is no longer for sale and support, isnt it?
Thanx
Blocked Profile
Nov 3, 2017 at 04:50 PM
What operating system are you using? Most modern ones have a remote desktop controller built it. Hit the windows key (10), and type remote. select Remote desktop controller.
windows 10, yeah i know about RDP, but i wanted an option how to run from cmd program to lots of computers. If i understand throught psexec is not possible to run gui program on remote machine?
actually i thought that parameter/switch -i is for gui?
Blocked Profile
Nov 3, 2017 at 05:00 PM
You really need to look into POWERSHELL then!
ok, and in powershell is any command useful for this?
in Powershell, you can write fully functional programs with remote control to any computer that has the correct administration present!

POWESHELL is how I deploy little changes to the workstations on our 3 domains. There are well over 5,000 stations to push to. So yes, it is capable!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > Blocked Profile
Nov 3, 2017 at 05:27 PM
Mark and extromen,

You too are making me feel so useless, your subject is way over my head! This is cruel!

I think that I shall become an hermit totally reclused from the rest of the world.

P.S. I'm an intellectual!
im so sorry for subject, but do you have any idea?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > extromen
Nov 3, 2017 at 05:46 PM
I will let Mark handle this.
Blocked Profile
Nov 3, 2017 at 06:03 PM
What exactly are you trying to do on the remote PC? Sorry if you have already told us, but there was alot of noise in that first post.
Are you trying to produce a screen on another computer remotely, like; "oh, I want to pop a browser there and force them" to a particular website?

Is that what you are asking?
It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
no im just trying to run browser on remote computer on his monitor. I just dont want to go physically to each computer and run on it browser. Like a will go to computer, and by mouse run browser and then go to another computer...

For example Ian want to run browser on his computer, i will do it for him, but remote.
Blocked Profile
Nov 3, 2017 at 08:28 PM
So you are attempting "guided browsing"?

Nope, you are going to have to hand write some code for that one. That has been the "holy grail" since I was in Contact Centers in 2002!

Picture this, a caller, can't find a product on a web site, so they call the Customer Service people. The customer service people guide them to a special place so they can download a special client from them. The customer then runs that client, and viola, the Rep is controlling the browser. Is that it?

It isn't built in! There are INDUSTRIES WAY AHEAD OF YOU!

If you purchase the correct platform they can make it happen!

Have fun with that!
If you are trying to pop another application on a remote computer, you have to remember, that the screen is for the user. The user will select what the user wants. It is THEIR experience. If you are attempting to "ASSIST" someone, there is already ways to do that, it is called THIRD PARTY APPS! If you are just trying to assist a family member with opening the browser, then assist them. Go ahead and set up remote administration with their permission.
I know, I'm just need to run one program on lots of workstations remote, I just want If you type on your local machine cmd and type start chrome.exe, all.i want is just to do this REMOTE. from another computer, result the same, is that possible?
NOPE! The user display is for the user, on a remote system, there is no user, it is you.