Cpu and system fan spin slow no lights power button does nothing

Ask a question jrlewis - Last answered on Nov 3, 2017 at 12:57 PM by ac3mark
Hello, my system was running ok until one day I keep getting system restarts and blue screens on my windows 10 OS.

I decided to clean all fans in the system, then put everything back together and power button would do nothing. tried sitting motherboard power and 12 volt rail properly and still nothing, keep trying different thing and then cpu and system fan would spin and stop.

I removed and PSU and notice a liquid in it, used my multi-miter and checked for voltages, I used the purple wire and ground to try switch on the PS and got a spark, the realised I should use the brown and black PS came on and got good reading for all voltages then decided to connect the PC back and then fans cam on and puff and IC to the left of my CPU fried. I tried it again and thing time power button would make cpu and system fan spin normal but nothing else happened.

I bought new Mobo and PSU and tried but this time once I turn on the PSU the CPU and sys fans spin slow and the power button does nothing.

Can anyone tell me if my CPU burnt? I don't have one to try and don't want to buy one when I am not sure.

Helpful
+0
plus moins
When you took it all apart, did you use a static wrist strap, or did you wear wool socks and run around the house with a balloon before you decided to take apart a good machine (which btw does need to be taken apart to clean!)?
jrlewis 2Posts Thursday November 2, 2017Registration date November 2, 2017 Last seen - Nov 2, 2017 at 04:56 PM
No I have never used a static wrist band in the pass for any PC repairs of cleaning, I live in the Caribbean.
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
For about the cost of an alligator clip, some speaker wire, and a sweatband, you can make one, or order just order one. It is worth it.

MB are very sensitive. 99% certain it is fried, or you are not getting all of the pins correct on the board, and you have missed one. Check the schematic again.

jrlewis 2Posts Thursday November 2, 2017Registration date November 2, 2017 Last seen - Nov 2, 2017 at 08:23 PM
I already go another Mobo and PSU, MSI B85M Gaming and Seasonic S12G 550W 80plus gold, and still I am getting the same slow spinning cpu and sys fan, no power lights or hd lights. Power button does nothing.

Do you think my CPU fried with my old board?

What do you mean not getting all the pins correct on the board?
ac3mark 8222Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus November 13, 2017 Last seen - Nov 3, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Make certain the specifications of the chipset meet the requirements of the MB. As long as they are all the same, then if it still doesn't boot (make certain you are placing the powr on voltage to the proper pin), then the MB is bad!
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?