How To Stream My Webcam [Closed]

Ask a question abrogard 7Posts Monday November 2, 2015Registration date November 9, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Nov 9, 2017 at 05:36 PM by abrogard
I want to be able to input the URL of my computer and immediately see my webcam.

When I'm away from home. Using it like a security camera.

I thought this would be very easy to do but I've searched the web to and fro on that same search 'stream webcam' and the answers I get don't fit what i want.

Some apply to IP cams which come with their own IP addresses. A standard 'dumb' webcam doesn't and it is one of those I'm talking about.

Some refer to online third party setups. I don't want one of those.

Some refer to software which must run at this end and also at that end - just like having Skype at both ends. I don't want that either.

I have a fixed IP for my computer. So I don't need explanations for how to provide that, I've already got it.

This feature I once had, years ago. I think I had it with Yawcam. I think it was standard with it. But Yawcam won't install and run on my computer now and I haven't been able to fix the problem.

So... that's why I'm here... any help?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
What OS are you using?

YOU are funnny! I love statements like this:
I want to be able to input the URL of my computer and immediately see my webcam. 

Ok, so go ahead and turn on IIS! You do have IIS enabled right? IIS will allow your station to become a website. Now, point that IIS controller to a virtual directory, that is running a java app server, that is connected to the webcam! It really is that simple!

BTW, you will need a NAT, and a firewall! NAT is for the INTERNAL network translation. In other words, the fixed IP on you computer is OUTWARD facing, but your PC really has an unroutable IP address, and the internet will not know what to do with that IP address once you have placed it into a browser that is on the internet. The NAT will translate your 34.54.23.12 address into a address like 192.168.1.1.

Or, get a third party app. Or get a a webcam with DVR, and publish it! The WEbcam DVR is SO SIMPLE to deploy, just takes capital cost for hardware.

Helpful
+0
plus moins
thanks for the reply but it didn't help. didn't tell me anything i don't already know.

I'm using win10. IIS has been enabled here for about 10 years i think.

here's a camera : XXX login 'guest' pswd 'guest'

the point is to get a view of a dumb typical webcam.

sorry if i didn't make that sufficiently clear.
ac3mark 8228Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus November 22, 2017 Last seen - Nov 6, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Oh, I guess i confused about what the issue is? So, you published the cam? What is the problem, and if you already knew that, I guess I mistook the question. Your link looks like it is working just fine!
Helpful
+0
plus moins
So did you find your answer?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
No.

There's been no answers yet, no suggestions. Only a misunderstanding.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
But, the webcam displays. What are you trying to do, publish your PC name to the internet so when you enter your PC name at the library, the library PC finds it?
ac3mark 8228Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus November 22, 2017 Last seen - Nov 8, 2017 at 04:44 PM
Are you trying to administer the webcam FRONT end from the Internet. You have not provided any more details to explain your final product!
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Do you want to "wrap" the "view of a dumb typical webcam" with some border?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Do you want to have a selector of different cameras on the right hand "window"?

Helpful
+0
plus moins
How can I make it clear?

I can only repeat what I said:

quote:

unquote:

The camera I gave the URL to is NOT a webcam. It is a purpose built wifi IP camera. It is NOT a 'webcam'.

The webcams I am talking about are those little tiny black things sitting on top of your screen or on you computer. See?
ac3mark 8228Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus November 22, 2017 Last seen - Nov 8, 2017 at 10:26 PM
Its called middle ware that you are not willing to pay for or produce yourself!

Cant be done! You already know that, or you wouldn't be so sticky!

Get off the wallet and pay for it!
Helpful
+0
plus moins
nonsense. mate I think you're a troll. it can be done, yawcam does it, the right kind of programmer would know instantly what kind of code does it.

You're enjoying yourself but you're not contributing anything.

I see there's no other respondents.

I think this is essentially a dead board, right?
ac3mark 8228Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ModeratorStatus November 22, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 04:54 PM
Ok. You have not explained the scope of what you are expecting.

Let us recap:

I thought this would be very easy to do but I've searched the web to and fro on that same search 'stream webcam' and the answers I get don't fit what i want.

I explain that you need IIS and some code. You then respond with:

thanks for the reply but it didn't help. didn't tell me anything i don't already know.

I'm using win10. IIS has been enabled here for about 10 years i think.

here's a camera : XXX login 'guest' pswd 'guest'

the point is to get a view of a dumb typical webcam.

sorry if i didn't make that sufficiently clear.

No, you didn'tmake YOURSELF clear, and still haven't! So i clicked on the ip address you posted, and there was s stu[id typical webcam footage. What are you expecting to be displayed?

Then, you continue with:
q
uote: 

unquote:

Which is exactly what you posted! Are you saying that the link that you posted IS NOT YOUR WEBCAM? If that is what you are saying, then say HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I WANT!

This is funny though:

the right kind of programmer would know instantly what kind of code does it.

It is called java! Have fun trying to piece together a solution from cut and paste from forums!

Have fun!
Ambucias 47006Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus November 22, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 05:21 PM
Abrogard

You wrote: "nonsense. mate I think you're a troll"

For someone who wishes help, I find you insolent and cheap.

You have not bothered to look at ac3mark's profile, have you?

See there is now another respondent!

Have a nice day

P.S. Whatever you mean by board it ain't dead, it's just that people don't offer free rides to webcam streaming.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
couple of trolls now. all verging on insulting and impolite. i don't know what the problem is. i came here from a google search without knowing what i was coming into.

i am more than happy to leave and never return. more than happy. deliriously happy.

but mildly curious. what's the problem? i think maybe it's money. i see an (gratuitously insulting) reference to it up there. why would it be money?

possibly this web site belongs to some piece of software they want you to buy and won't talk about anything else that might usurp that software.

is that it?

or maybe it belongs to a bunch of programmers or would-be programmers putting themselves up for hire and not about to divulge any real information unless they're paid.

would that be it?

well i don't know. i've got no idea what ccm might mean though I can think of few possibles going on what i've experienced here.

i leave you all to your own devices.

the field is yours. thanks for nothing. please ban me from your forum, we are inimical.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?