How to format 2tb write protect pendrive

Closed
innocentking87 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday November 5, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 5, 2017 - Nov 5, 2017 at 09:38 AM
PARKER-FIX Posts 19 Registration date Wednesday November 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2017 - Nov 8, 2017 at 06:53 PM
Please my 2tb flash drive is write protected pls help me format it.
I have use the following methods:
Cmd
Regedit but no good results.
I really need your help
Thanks
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Nov 5, 2017 at 04:26 PM
You pen drive must be damaged.
PARKER-FIX Posts 19 Registration date Wednesday November 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2017
Updated on Nov 8, 2017 at 06:56 PM
hi.
can you tell me how your flash drive appear in your screen? does it appear as a drive but you can access it? does it appear as a folder or don't appear at all? when you click does it show a message no drive found?

can you check start > my computer > control panel >administrative tools> computer management > under system tool go to device manager and to right side look for human interface device left click it choose scan for hardware changes you should see a list of available usb ports choose the port your using and update driver ( if you don't know which one just update all ports.
go to disk management click it, you can see all drivers there and their status see the driver you want left click and you can see list of option you can open it or choose format to format it , if not opening it either virus infected you can scan it with antivirus to fix it then format it to get it working , if damaged you might need low-level format can be done downloading low level format utility or using drive date recovery utility should fix the problem if not heavily damaged. you can find those utilities by search in google or in software webs.