Connected but no internet

Ask a question Madguthrie 2Posts Thursday November 9, 2017Registration date November 9, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Nov 9, 2017 at 03:58 PM by xpcman
I bought an Acer Aspire one model AOD250 at a pawn shop. Got it home and connected it to my home internet but it won't go online. Help please Acer won't without a warranty.
Helpful
+0
plus moins
What version of Windows is installed on that PC?

Please define "won't go online" and tell us if you are using wifi or a wired connection.

You problem could be driver related, malware infection or hardware.

The first thing I would look for it to check if a "proxy server" was installed by malware.

The next thing I would do is to delete the network hardware and then restart the computer. Windows should then reinstall the hardware and reestablish all the software connections for Internet access. Often this will fix your problem.

Good Luck
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Windows XP won't go online as says connected yet isn't. Negative on suggestions listed
xpcman 17936Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus November 18, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 03:58 PM
You might have a DNS problem. I suggest you read and follow instructions from this link:

https://turbofuture.com/computers/How-to-Fix-a-DNS-Server-Problem-for-a-Windows-XP-or-Vista-PC
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?