Monitor not receiving signal

Solved/Closed
Tyler53121 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday November 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2017 - Nov 9, 2017 at 12:42 PM
PARKER-FIX Posts 19 Registration date Wednesday November 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2017 - Nov 9, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Hello,

So im trying to find answers I see that this question gets answered a lot. Sorry for repitition but, my issue is slightly different?

Built my first PC finished everything up an booted and didnt get signal (was planning to see BIOS at least). Put in Windows 10 disk, rebooted and after the POST, monitor got signal and (kept default BIOS settings) I Installed Windows 10. After the install it needed to restart. I restarted and monitor doesnt get signal again... I left it run for 6 hours thinking that windows might be installing in the background, tested cords, swapped monitors, changed to VGA connection (used HDMI when I got signal to install Windows). I think the screen resolution might be the problem? Also I need to install speakers to see if windows is booting in the background (I am at work now lol). Also buying a new HDMI cord just to be safe. Have not tried booting from USB windows boot stick (still have previous PC to get info if needed). Here are my system specs.

Ryzen 3 1300X (No onboard graphics)
B350 Tomahawk Mobo
Gigabyte GeForce 1050ti GPU
GeIL DDR4-2400 2x4GB (I saw that system booted these as 2133mhz?)
Firecuda HDD/SSD Hybrid 1tb 7200
Cooler Master Masterwatt 500W lite. Gold +
Cooler master K280 Case.

All fans run (GPU, CPU, Case) and, Mobo LED comes on. My GPU doesnt have a PCI-E connector. System passes the EZ LED Debug test. System already booted to install Windows so I know its not a fried mobo or monitor. I installed all standoffs on case, I turned off after letting run for 6 hours, unplugged PSU for 60 seconds, turned back on, still nothing. Mobo passes post test but, only one initial beep when starting computer. Tonight I will be removing everything but, mobo, CPU, GPU, KB, mouse, and trying to start and changing resolution on monitor to 1080p which Ryzen chips support. But, I want to go home with a list of everything I need to try from professionals if possible.

Any help or direction anyone could give would be appreciated.

1 response

PARKER-FIX Posts 19 Registration date Wednesday November 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2017
Updated on Nov 9, 2017 at 06:05 PM
hi.
i think your problem happened with the install, are you sure you have installed the win10 correctly? did you upgrade from previous window or update to a new one? what version of windows did you before installing?

could also be connections errors! try this: shout down pc and disconnecting all cable or cords completely from outlet or sockets, remove your hdmi , then connect all cables to your pc first then to socket, don't use hdmi cable this time and turn pc on. if it works it's probably caused by hdmi not working or not compatible wit pc, if pc don't work try re-install your windows again use another disc just in case or you can use the same.