Unable to partition micro sd card

Ask a question skillzzjesse 3Posts Thursday November 9, 2017Registration date November 9, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Nov 9, 2017 at 04:49 PM by xpcman
Hi there,

I was trying to reset this old sd card and re-use it for my new raspberry pi. I first tried ereasing it using the "disk utilities" on my mac.

This failed.

I then tried to access it on my windows machine. It told me the drive needed to be re-setup. I followed the steps.

This failed...

I then tried to repartition it using `diskpartition.exe` on my windows machine.

This failed too

Here's some very confusing output....

Does anyone have any idea as to what's going on?
Helpful
+0
plus moins
I had a similar problem after an aborted attempt to build a Hackintosh. I think this is the utility I used to reformat the flash drive for Windows.

https://www.howtogeek.com/195530/how-to-convert-a-mac-formatted-drive-to-a-windows-drive/

Good Luck
skillzzjesse 3Posts Thursday November 9, 2017Registration date November 9, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 03:39 PM
The drive was never formatted as a mac drive. It used to be the boot disk of my PI actually.

It was never actually capable of being accessed by my mac. It prompted me to reset it (after I made a backup)

So I clicked erase. And it didn't work...
(read the weird output?)
xpcman 18007Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus November 23, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 03:51 PM
Yes I read it - I still think the Mac did some kind of formatting that needs to be removed before Windows can even see the partitions.
skillzzjesse 3Posts Thursday November 9, 2017Registration date November 9, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 04:36 PM
OK so ehm... When opening the Disk Management application as described in the article you send. It get's stuck whenever the drive is plugged in.

Just an infinite:
loading disk configuration information....

Some how some way...
xpcman 18007Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus November 23, 2017 Last seen - Nov 9, 2017 at 04:49 PM
It's things like this that convinced me to stop building new computers from parts.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?