Computer freezes at startup

Solved/Closed
Debbie - Jun 1, 2009 at 01:49 AM
Penchalaiah Posts 34 Registration date Sunday October 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Jun 1, 2009 at 02:06 AM
Hello, My name is Debbie I was wondering could anyone help me.
I am running windows xp professional service pack 3. My computer freezes up shortly after startup.
I turn on my computer the cd drive light comes on,trying to boot from the cd . About 5 seconds after that my computer just hangs there., Nothing. can't even get into windows
Computer dosen't recognize any keyboard commands tried F2 to enter setup still nothing happens, tried F8 to run in safe mode.
even tried to boot using the recovery cd to restore my computer to it's factory default setting but the computer doesn't recognize anything ,took out my cmos battery and replaced it with anoter thinking that might be the problem but still no luck .Any answer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You Very Much
Debbie

1 response

Penchalaiah Posts 34 Registration date Sunday October 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 12
Jun 1, 2009 at 02:06 AM
Hai, try this
if it is hangs in the loading windows,
-the problem will be booting sector corrupted--for this REINSTALL the OS
-other probability is the hard disk boot sector may be destroyed--for this REINSTALL the OS
before reinstall this check-it whether hard disk is problem--by getting the friends hard disk and connect it to your system, if system runs perfectly then the problem will the above things.