Conditional formatting with multiple rules [Closed]

PaiviM 5 Posts Friday December 1, 2017Registration date December 6, 2017 Last seen - Dec 1, 2017 at 06:09 AM - Latest reply: Ambucias 47728 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 12, 2017 Last seen
- Dec 1, 2017 at 06:12 AM
Hi,

This is probably really simple, but I can't get it to work! I need excel to change a cell to red if the due date on that cell is before today's date (date on that cell will change based on the date that is input on another cell), but only if the cell next to it has been left blank.

So if cell G2 has had a comment written on it, then cell H2 should be clear. If G2 has been left blank then H2 should be red if today is past the date on the cell. Hope that makes sense.

I've used this formula to determine if cell is past due date =$H$2<TODAY() and it would format the cell red.
See more 
5Posts Friday December 1, 2017Registration date December 6, 2017 Last seen

1 reply

Ambucias 47728 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 12, 2017 Last seen - Dec 1, 2017 at 06:12 AM
Helpful
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that CCM is a mutual aid community, all answers on the forum are provided by volunteers who give their time free to help solve issues.

Hence we request that CCM forum users show mutual respect. Therefore, when asking for assistance, please be courteous, as for elsewhere in similar circumstances in every day society when asking for help. (Usually, how would someone ask for help? i.e. please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc.)

Being courteous will increase your chances of getting the help you need.

http://ccm.net/contents/948-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others

Please, copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.