Computer not responding after windows update

Closed
Ollie Burrows - Updated on Dec 1, 2017 at 04:18 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 1, 2017 at 08:06 PM
Hello,
Last night I stupidly turned off my computer whilst it was performing a Windows update, it was increasing its percentage very slowly. This morning I turned it on and the manufacturer logo appeared, then faded to black, I've left it for a while and still no change... Plz halp me!

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Dec 1, 2017 at 04:19 PM
Is this a laptop or desktop?
Ollie Burrows
Dec 1, 2017 at 06:49 PM
Desktop, do you need any other specs?
Blocked Profile
Dec 1, 2017 at 07:57 PM
Turn it on, and keep it on. Specs don't matter if you bricked it by turning off during an update!

Do you have access to the load media of the OS? You may need to re-install. If you turn it on, and after it has "faded to black", you just lightly press the power button, does it immediately turn off, or does it shut down gracefully?

If it shuts down immediatly, then no OS is loading, and you will need to re-install. If it takes 3 or 4 minutes to shut down, then the OS is still doing its thing, and leave it alone next time you boot it up!
Ollie Burrows
Dec 1, 2017 at 08:02 PM
Ooooh, haven't thought of that! Well I haven't been patient enough to tell if there was a response from the power button after a few minutes, but I'll sure give it a go. Thanks!
Blocked Profile
Dec 1, 2017 at 08:06 PM
If, it never shuts down, leave it alone too, as it is rebuilding indexes!