Pc wont start and beeps multiple times

Ask a question XDWoWDX 4Posts Sunday December 3, 2017Registration date December 3, 2017 Last seen - Last answered on Dec 3, 2017 at 04:25 PM by Ambucias
Greetings, This morning i found out that my pc beeps : 1 time, then 3 times twice and then 1 more time, i also got no image and the fans are blowing really hard
Pc specs: lenovo a690 motherboard, amd radeon sapphire rx 550 graphic card, 3gb ram, intel core 2 quad q9550 processor
Does anyone have any idea how to fix it because it doesnt boot up and shows absoultely nothing on screen, also, i've cleared all i could from it's inside, and one friend told me i should use some termic pasta on the CPU then it should work fine because it was overheated
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Hi

Can you confirm that the following is the beep pattern:

A short beep, a pause, three short beeps, a pause, three other short beeps, and a short beep.
XDWoWDX 4Posts Sunday December 3, 2017Registration date December 3, 2017 Last seen - Dec 3, 2017 at 07:28 AM
Yes, that is the beep pattern
Leave a comment
Helpful
+0
plus moins
The beep pattern for Lenovo which you described will indicate one of the following failures:

1. DIMM (Dual Inline Memory Module) in other words you should check your ram sticks.

2. A System board (motherboard) issue

I don't think that thermal paste would fix it as after it cooled down it should have started again.

Good luck
XDWoWDX 4Posts Sunday December 3, 2017Registration date December 3, 2017 Last seen - Dec 3, 2017 at 08:22 AM
I removed every ram stick and still the same thing happens
Ambucias 47450Posts mardi 2 février 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus December 3, 2017 Last seen - Dec 3, 2017 at 04:25 PM
You therefore have a failure with your system board (motherboard) Only a technician can see to it.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?