Internet Access/ WiFi icon visible but not working

Closed
RoseTheGeek Posts 4 Registration date Sunday July 31, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2017 - Dec 3, 2017 at 08:34 AM
jayanainsy Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 30, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2018 - Jan 30, 2018 at 05:39 AM
Hello everyone.
I use a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. Recently, while I was using it I noticed when I click the WiFi symbol of Internet Access no window appears showing the available networks. I can't figure out what happened as this is the first time I saw something like this. My internet connection is fine, I can use different routers. I've tried restarting, no use. Other icons on are working perfectly fine, except this one.
Any ideas or solutions? please help me!
Related:

2 responses

appcronos Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 19, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 19, 2017
Dec 19, 2017 at 03:15 AM
Hello.
Have you tried updating the wireless network adapter driver?
Just go to http://www.dell.com/support/
Enter the service tag, detect your pc or find it in the all products and under the section Drivers and downloads search for the latest network drivers that are suitable for your device.
Once downloaded uninstall your current driver from Device Manager and install the new one that you have just downloaded.
Hope this helps.
jayanainsy Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 30, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 30, 2018
Jan 30, 2018 at 05:39 AM
Hey guy, i think you should update your display adapter. Many users complains a like problems and they get relived by only doing the same manually to see wireless networks. Still it is invisible then uninstall the wifi adapter and restart your computer. If you find any problem ahead let us know.
As an alternative you can follow the suggestion in the web page:-

How to Fix WiFi Missing or Not Working in Windows 10

https://www.howto-connect.com/fix-wifi-missing-or-not-working-in-windows-10/