Wifi connected but no internet access

Solved/Closed
Decker - Dec 5, 2017 at 11:08 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 6, 2017 at 03:45 AM
Hello,
I'm connected to a public server at my university and the wifi says connected but I don't have access to the internet. I know the Internet works, because I'm accessing it through my phone. However, sometimes an authorization page comes up to allow students to sign in. I'm thinking i need to resurgirías my computer, but i have no idea how to bring up that page since it comes up automatically. Can you help? Thanks

1 response

To help fix your ‘no internet access’ issue, we are going to list down nine steps that should fix it. So, let’s get started.
  • 1. Restart Devices - Turn off both router and modem (if they are separate) and wait for 30 seconds before restarting them again. Additionally, you should also restart your PC to ensure things are clean. Once all the devices are reset, try connecting again to see if it works.
  • 2. Check Modem Lights - To confirm, check the “Internet light” on the router and make sure it’s working. Ideally, the DSL lights should be ON or turn green in some routers, and the WiFi indicator lights should blink. If you are not sure how to check, contact your ISP customer care services. Confirm what’s wrong with the Internet and how much time it may take to fix it if the problem is at their end.
  • 3. Use Built-in Troubleshooter - If the Intenet is fine from ISP end and the Internet is working on at least one other devices, then chances are there is a problem with the WiFi adapter of your device. This can be easily fixed with the built-in troubleshooter program that comes with Windows and Mac.
  • 4. Flush DNS - Sometimes DNS cache conflict can lead to not being able to access websites, and you may think that the internet isn’t working. You should flush DNS to ensure it isn’t causing any trouble. In Windows start menu type “cmd” and open it as an administrator.