Toshiba satellite L655 Black screen fan running

Closed
Hannah32 - Updated on Dec 9, 2017 at 05:56 PM
Channah32 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2017 - Dec 9, 2017 at 08:33 PM
Hello,
My laptop has a black screen. I've tried everything mentioned in this forum and others, still black screen. The last thing I tried was cleaning the CPU which was corroded with white stuff, but nothing has worked. All the lights come on saying it has power and is charging, and I can hear the fan kick on. Does anyone have any advice or know something else I can try?
Toshiba satellite L655 windows 7. It was working fine last night. I powered it off as usual and when I tried to get on it today the black screen appeared. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Dec 9, 2017 at 05:54 PM
Crystal,

There is another possibility to consider. You never know.

Magnetic On/Off Switch to detect of Close/Open Lid
- Your magnet switch is fubar some how. Open up the speaker cover and see if your lid actuator switch that comes in contact with the magnet on your lid cover is stuck or not (find where the magnet is in the back of the front lid cover, trace where the magnet area actually touches the base of the computer and you will find the switch)
- Workaround, start windows with lid at 30 degree angle

Good luck
Channah32 Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 9, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2017
Dec 9, 2017 at 08:33 PM
Ambucias
Thank you so much for all the advise! I will definitely try these steps tonight and keep you posted on how everything goes.
Again, thank you so much!!