Disabled Account- Incorrect Reason

Closed
itsasecrethaha Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2017 - Dec 14, 2017 at 09:36 AM
 Jasminemarie18 - Jan 12, 2018 at 01:00 AM
Hello,

Hoping I may be able to get advice. I sell Lipsense on Facebook. I posted a "buy my product, get a popsocket free" on a closed Facebook group.

Popsockets flagged my post (Buy lipstick, get a popsocket free) on a Lipsense Buy/Sell/Trade CLOSED group and my cover picture (20+ tubes of Lipstick with a popsocket next to them). The popsocket had lips on it. Not that it matters, but I did not post on the marketplace.

My Facebook was disabled due to these 2 flags.

I did not violate any rights by using their product I purchased as a promotion on my Facebook page. I bought the Popsockets on Amazon- there were not any "rules" to using them when purchased.

I completed the appeal form on Facebook and emailed back. I keep getting the same canned response. I have emailed Popsockets, messaged Facebook, tweeted them. I can not get anyone to review my case.

I am devastated that I have lost 15 years of memories and pictures because this company had a vendetta that isn't even valid. I was not pretending to be them, representing their company, or violating their rights.

Anyone have any advice on how to get my appeal reviewed? I am desperate.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Dec 14, 2017 at 04:54 PM
Hi

Your account was disabled for a good reason. You were not allowed to do business, offer to buy or sell, using your personal account. You are not allowed to use LipSense's name or SeneGence's products name. LipSence has it's own Facebook account. Hence, you have not followed Facebook's Terms of use and community standards.

You will not be able to recover your account.
itsasecrethaha Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2017
Dec 14, 2017 at 07:21 PM
When you post in a buy/sell/trade group you can set the amount your product will sell for and it specifically asks what are you selling. It is ok with Lipsense/Senegence to sell these items on buy/ sell / trade pages- you just cant have predatory pricing. It is in the terms and conditions you sign before you can place your first order. This post was in a closed group called Lipsense Buy/Sell/Trade. There are 26,000 people in this one group selling/buying ONLY Lipsense products. Are you saying that all 26,000 of them are violating rights? They are reported if they use Lipsense/Senegence in their name however most have creative names including their personal name and do not use those words.

I have a business page and pay Facebook to advertise/boost business posts- I registered my page as a retail store. My business is not called Lipsense or Senegence. It has my personal name in it. I know I am not allowed to use their name- it is in the million page agreement I had with them.

I do not sell in the marketplace.

I was not reported by Lipsense/ Senegence.

I was reported by another company for violating their rights. I was giving their product that I paid for online for free if you purchased Lipsense. This is a violation of their rights? I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Can you advise how I violated their rights giving their product away with a purchase in my store?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171 > itsasecrethaha Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen December 14, 2017
Dec 15, 2017 at 05:25 AM
I understand your point. Have you read Facebook's terms of use? If you believe that your account should not have been disabled then you should write an appeal and send it to Facebook.
Jasminemarie18
Jan 12, 2018 at 01:00 AM
Did you ever get your account back? I also had my account disabled my Popsockets because I posted a picture of their product on my group. I have been emailing them but no luck either...