Create a date from 3 different cells [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Trowa - Last answered on Jul 13, 2017 at 05:45 PM by Udeni
Hello,

In excel I have date spread across 3 cells; 1 with the day (A1), 1 with the month (A2) and 1 with the year (A3).
I want to put these 3 numbers into one cell as a date (A4).
A1 A2 A3 A4
15 11 09 15-11-09

I've looked at the "date and time" functions, but can't find anything.

Does anyone know a function or a VBA code that will solve my issue?
Helpful
+46
plus moins
Hello,
Use the formula DATE(year,month,day) in your case, write this formula into A4:
=DATE(C1,B1,A1)
and personalise your date format to have : dd-mm-yy

Best regards
Was this answer helpful?  
Trowa- Jun 4, 2009 at 08:00 AM
Hello Aquarelle,

Thanks for your answer, feel kind of stupid now, but I am glad that I can continue my work.

Best regards.
aquarelle 7180Posts dimanche 8 avril 2007Registration date ModeratorStatus July 27, 2017 Last seen - Jun 4, 2009 at 02:26 PM
Hi,
Why stupid ? There are so many formulas in excel that it's difficult to know all of them.
Even if, I often use excel, I don't know all the formulas and sometime, like you, I need help and I post my request on a forum, waiting somebody replies. Certainly, some will find the request simple because they know but when we don't know it is not simple :)
This forum has been created to find these sort of help and to learn what we don't know. Do not hesitate to post a new thread if you need help for something else.
Best regards
Flipper- May 9, 2014 at 06:15 AM
Thanks alot. Really helped me to solve an issue I was having
Udeni- Jul 13, 2017 at 05:45 PM
Thanks a lot.
Helpful
+2
plus moins
@Aquarelle nice tip
Sid- Jun 16, 2016 at 05:54 PM
Hi you can use " &" for eg A1,B1,C2 has your day month & year

Use =A1&"-"&B1&"-"&C1 ENTER.

In case you want "/" replace with -
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Funny coming across this thread again. I believe this is my first post ever on this site and Aquarelle's kind reply got me hooked. Have been trying to do the same for others ever since.
vcoolio 1099Posts Thursday July 24, 2014Registration date ModeratorStatus November 21, 2017 Last seen - May 30, 2017 at 06:11 PM
You did it for me TrowaD and I became hooked.
Its all your fault!
Ambucias 46953Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus November 21, 2017 Last seen - May 30, 2017 at 06:22 PM
Funny, I can't get hooked to Excel. I must be more of an intellectual, a philosopher, a poet, a nature lover, a wanderer...peace on earth to all men of good will and the heck with the others.
Leave a comment

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?