Acer Aspire E5-571 not connecting to internet....

Closed
S.John Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday January 3, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2018 - Jan 3, 2018 at 02:39 AM
torressmith Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2018 - Jan 12, 2018 at 07:13 AM
Hi,

My laptop no longer connects to the internet. I have updated Qualcomm Atheros, uninstalled it and re-installed it. I have also factory reset my laptop and also tried to connect to the internet using Ethernet. However, it still will not connect properly. It connects and within 5 minutes, it will disconnect. The only way it reconnects is when the laptop is restarted. This has been an ongoing issue for almost 2 years.

Does anyone know any other ways to fix this issue?
Thanks.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 5, 2018 at 05:09 PM
You can bypass the problem by buying a USB wifi adapter.

Good Luck
torressmith Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday December 20, 2017 Status Member Last seen February 14, 2018
Jan 12, 2018 at 07:13 AM
That's the common issue i have been facing from last 4-5 months. Here are steps:

Disable Network connection
Run CCleaner
Clear all cookies and temporary internet file using ccleaner software
Restart the PC
Enable Network connection

Now it should work.

If this still doesn't work then you will have to disable the your router, here are steps:

Open any browser
Make sure that you are connected with your router
Login to your router by entering the url
Enter ID and password
Go to the settings and disable WLAN
Logout from router

You can find more detail at https://www.winosbite.com/disable-dlink-router-wifi/

Restart the router and pc and try, it should work.