PC to brand new TV via HDMI and it says no signal

Closed
LukaHanzek Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2018 - Updated on Jan 5, 2018 at 05:53 PM
LukaHanzek Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2018 - Jan 12, 2018 at 08:14 AM
Hello everybody!
When i connect PC to brand new TV via HDMI and it says no signal. Basically I power up the PC, and right before windows logo, display looses signal. I tried so many solutions and none worked, although I discovered that there is a problem with driver or with OS because same TV works with other PC using same HDMI cable and because there is signal on TV while I don't have any AMD drivers installed (also works in Safe Mode). Another thing to mention is that VGA is working.

I tried :
installing multiple driver versions
unplugging PC and display from power plug
clean drivers uninstall in safe mode
installing drivers for LG monitor (which is my primary PC monitor)

Anyone knows if i can somehow solve this?

PC:
Current GPU driver version : Crimson 16.2.1
CPU : AMD Phenom
GPU : Radeon HD6950
Power Supply : eco series 700W
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 5, 2018 at 06:53 PM
          • First note*****

Please forgive all caps, as I am not yelling, but simply stating a fact that people don't understand.

HDMI IS NOT A STANDARD!

"What does that mean, to me, the layman", you ask.

It means that not all HDMI devices HAVE to PLAY well with each other. Standard and PROTOCOLS (TCP/IP is a protocol for networking, or PCI Express [Peripheral Component Interconnect Express], is a computer bus standard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

HDMI is not a standard.

Always verify the input is on correct input (looks like you covered that).

The best thing to do, is fiddle with the booting order of stuff. So, what that means, is boot the pc first then change the input on the TV, or vice versa!

LukaHanzek Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 12, 2018
Jan 12, 2018 at 08:14 AM
That doesn't seem to work but thanks anyway.