Connected to internet but can't browse

Closed
Alexty - Updated on Jan 7, 2018 at 05:33 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 7, 2018 at 05:34 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering if somebody could help me. I'm running an old computer , and connected my personal hotspot to it. The connection enables and packets of data are transferred. I open my internet explorer and only MSN.com I goes through, every other website is somehow restricted . It persists with this page cannot be displayed. I follows the prompts and checked through internet tools but that looks correct .
This makes no sense, the connection is working , Microsoft update won't connect either, nor iTunes. This is so strange , the connection is working, I've wondered about on services and policies and briefed through , but not sure exactly which one would restrict this. ... could someone help,

Windows XP

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jan 7, 2018 at 05:34 PM
Hi

Try this:

Resetting IP in Windows XP
In Windows XP, use the following steps to reset the Internet Protocol:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type cmd
4. Click Ok
5. In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
6. Hit Enter Key
7. Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet. If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
8. Click Start
9. Click Run
10. Type cmd
11. Click Ok
12. In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset
13. Hit Enter Key
14. Restart Computer
Also Try Resetting IE8 to Default Options
Click Tools Tab
Click Internet Options at bottom
Click Advanced Tab on far right
Click Reset near bottom