Not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook

omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 8, 2018 at 11:49 AM - Latest reply: Ambucias 48904 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus January 21, 2018 Last seen
- Jan 9, 2018 at 04:49 PM
Hello,

I've the same problem numerous users seem to have and there does not appear to be a solution. I have followed all of the threads which would seem to indicate there is a resolution, however none of them appear to solve the actual problem.

I am not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook. I spent an hour with my ISP yesterday and they assured me - no emails are hitting my SMTP account coming from Facebook. Nothing in the SPAM Folder, the Email Address is correct(it's on my own domain), the email account is not blacklisted anywhere.

Is there not any possible way to reach a real person at Facebook support to help resolve this issue? Contacting their support seems to require you be logged in. WHAT IF YOU CAN'T LOGIN???

I have even had my acccount blocked for trying to many times to get a password (forgot password link) and I have had t engage my 3 trusted contacts to provide me with a code; which they did. Guess what! After you do this it say's it is sending you an email.

Problem is- NO EMAILS EVER SHOW UP.

SO #FRUSTRATED with Facebook at the moment.

HELP!
See more 

9 replies

Reply to this topic
Ambucias 48904 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus January 21, 2018 Last seen - Jan 8, 2018 at 04:58 PM
Helpful
Greetings,

Are you serious when you ask if it's possible to reach a real person at Facebook support? Facebook has created a system just so to avoid those kinds of contacts. Facebook could not possibly handle all the traffic even all of their 60,000 employees were put on the job. Remember that Facebook has 2 billion users.

Now, based on CCM's experience, lets see if we can find an answer or at least an end to your issue.

Answer all of my questions:

1. Why did you request a reset code?

2. Do you always log in from the same device or same location ?

3. Have you created your account on a computer or on a mobile phone.

4. Is your Facebook email address presently active?

5. Is your Facebook page presently online so that even me can get a look at it if I wished? If so, provide the url.

No need to thank me, I'm a volunteer here at CCM at the pleasure is all mine.
omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 8, 2018 at 06:48 PM
And for clarity sake, when I try to login with the new password I receive.

Please confirm your new email
In order to access your account, please check for an email at "mywork-address". Simply click the link in that email to confirm your new email address.

If you did not receive your email click here to resend. No emails ever come #Frustrated
Ambucias 48904 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus January 21, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 05:16 AM
I think that the email is still being sent to an old address. Of course you need the mail to confirm your new password. Was your account kept up-to-date?
omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 08:49 AM
All except the phone number. Sigh
omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 09:47 AM
I appreciate your trying to help. Looks like they just lost a member.
Ambucias 48904 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus January 21, 2018 Last seen > omm67 6 Posts Sunday January 7, 2018Registration date January 8, 2018 Last seen - Jan 9, 2018 at 04:49 PM
I have just read that Facebook, in cases similar to yours has technical difficulties.
Respond to Ambucias