Not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook

Solved/Closed
omm67 Posts 6 Registration date Sunday January 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2018 - Updated on Jan 8, 2018 at 04:45 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 9, 2018 at 04:49 PM
Hello,

I've the same problem numerous users seem to have and there does not appear to be a solution. I have followed all of the threads which would seem to indicate there is a resolution, however none of them appear to solve the actual problem.

I am not receiving password recovery emails/links from Facebook. I spent an hour with my ISP yesterday and they assured me - no emails are hitting my SMTP account coming from Facebook. Nothing in the SPAM Folder, the Email Address is correct(it's on my own domain), the email account is not blacklisted anywhere.

Is there not any possible way to reach a real person at Facebook support to help resolve this issue? Contacting their support seems to require you be logged in. WHAT IF YOU CAN'T LOGIN???

I have even had my acccount blocked for trying to many times to get a password (forgot password link) and I have had t engage my 3 trusted contacts to provide me with a code; which they did. Guess what! After you do this it say's it is sending you an email.

Problem is- NO EMAILS EVER SHOW UP.

SO #FRUSTRATED with Facebook at the moment.

HELP!
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,174
Jan 8, 2018 at 04:58 PM
Greetings,

Are you serious when you ask if it's possible to reach a real person at Facebook support? Facebook has created a system just so to avoid those kinds of contacts. Facebook could not possibly handle all the traffic even all of their 60,000 employees were put on the job. Remember that Facebook has 2 billion users.

Now, based on CCM's experience, lets see if we can find an answer or at least an end to your issue.

Answer all of my questions:

1. Why did you request a reset code?

2. Do you always log in from the same device or same location ?

3. Have you created your account on a computer or on a mobile phone.

4. Is your Facebook email address presently active?

5. Is your Facebook page presently online so that even me can get a look at it if I wished? If so, provide the url.

No need to thank me, I'm a volunteer here at CCM at the pleasure is all mine.
omm67 Posts 6 Registration date Sunday January 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2018
Jan 8, 2018 at 05:42 PM
1. Because I'd forgotten my password and the password reset email never showed up
2. Same device (desktop).
3. Account was created years ago
4. Yes
5. Yes

You should no, I went through the whole forgot account process a second time, changing my email to my work email. And then of course annoying my 3 favorite people for a second time for the "recovery codes" and it then asked for a new password and said it would send the link to my new (work) email address. Nothing has arrived in the past 30 minutes and I have asked for the link to be resent. The email address it specified was correct. Still no email, nothing in SPAM/JUNK folder.

I look forward to any plan you can provide me that get's me out of this mess and back into my account.
omm67 Posts 6 Registration date Sunday January 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 8, 2018
Jan 8, 2018 at 06:45 PM
Grrrr is right! So the new email address does not find the account. The old email address myname@mydomain.net still finds the account although strangely enough the profile pic is blank. Send pHowever the email is not received.

Send code via email thomas@boyland.net