No signal after accidentally BIOS setting

Closed
DennisSt - Jan 9, 2018 at 04:30 PM
DennisSt Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday January 9, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2018 - Jan 11, 2018 at 06:22 PM
System was running fine, wanted to sell it and tried to erase all data from it by using DBAN from a boot cd, but couldnt seem to make it boot the cd (might had a broken iso file, dunno) so i wanted to check if the secure boot option inside the Bios settings was enabled.

It wouldnt show me the option, only after i enabled windows 8 features. But after i enabled windows 8 features it showed the secure boot option was disabled anyway, so i left it but forgot to disable windows 8 features before saving and turning the system off and on again.

Now my screen stays black and doesnt seem to get any signal from the pc.

The pc is running smoothly and i cant see any difference in terms of fan speed, noise or anything else.
I removed the CMOS battery and also tried the jumper method, but it didnt help.

Tried to connect via VGA-VGA, Hdmi-Hdmi, Hdmi-VGA.

Tried to connect directly to MoBo without Graphic card attached but didnt help.

There was something happening just now:
System was running smoothly (but no signal of cause) for like 15 minutes as i was writing this and then turned off and on again by itself just now, dunno why. It doesnt seem to do anything different beside that restart just now.

I removed one of two rams, swapped slots but didnt help either.

I noticed two fast beeps when turning on the system.

What can i do?
Thanks.

Windows 10 64bit
Msi b75ma-e33 ms-7808
Intel core i5-3350P
Ati Radeon R9 270X
2x4GB 3DDR SDRAM

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 9, 2018 at 05:19 PM
Ok, well here is the first problem...the webpage for DBAN, has NOT A SINGLE LINK FOR SUPPORT!

The second thing is, BEEPS mean hardware problem. Is the RAM in the right slot? Did you use an ESD strap when handling the RAM? Are you in a DRY cold climate, wearing wool socks?
DennisSt Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday January 9, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2018
Jan 9, 2018 at 05:40 PM
Yeah i almost freaked out cause i wouldn't be able to make DBAN run lol.. Little i know that would be the smaller problem..

To second: im not quite sure if those two fast beeps werent there before, it might just be normal. Just wanted to mention those.
I do not wear wool socks and i just removed the rams a hour ago(with my hands), the issue was there since yesterday so i dont think its wrong handling of the ram.
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2018 at 04:39 PM
Thank you for understanding my humor.

For troubleshooting, you need to use VG-VGA pls. Use onboard GPU.
Can you see any visual feedback when booting? If you press the On Screen Menu button on the monitor, does it display a color setting, or a configuration menu> If it done't he monitor is bad!
DennisSt Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday January 9, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 11, 2018
Jan 10, 2018 at 04:55 PM
Alright so i plugged in the monitor via VGA-VGA directly to the MoBo.
It has a on-screen menu, but as long as it gets no signal from any source i can only set one thing:
HDMI: PC or AV

Well, tried both, no change, even when connected via HDMI.
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2018 at 04:58 PM
OK, don't set anything, I just wanted to make certain it responds to input.

When you boot, press DEL or F8 , does it get into BIOS?
Jan 10, 2018 at 05:00 PM
Oh one thing:
Does it matter if im using Monitor-HDMI-to-PC-DVI usally? Not the HDMI-VGA i wrote in my initial post. Sorry got that wrong.
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2018 at 05:00 PM
As long as the DVI is ONBOARD and not on the GPU.
Jan 10, 2018 at 05:06 PM
So how do i know if it gets into the bios if i cant see anything because the monitor isnt recieving any signal?