Update one sheet excel sheet from the other

Closed
katietempletoe - Updated on Jan 10, 2018 at 05:08 AM
 kftempletoe - Jan 12, 2018 at 05:15 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help , I have a large excel sheet (AW - 2506) which holds info for each employee, we are currently moving systems and I am storing and updating all employee info in Excel - if there anyway I can get excel to automatically update if I have a key bit of information linking the update and the current info?

i.e. if there employee code matches on sheet 1 & sheet two any differing info on sheet 2 will be overwritten on sheet one?

The goal is to fill out of the changing info on sheet to and for it to feed into sheet 1

Thank you very much if you can offer any advice, I appreciate any time\effort given.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2018 at 04:49 PM
Take a look at the examples here, and reverse engineer a solution from them!
https://ccm.net/faq/53497-how-to-manipulate-data-in-excel-using-vba

Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2018 at 04:50 PM
Please understand, Excel formulas cannot alter data automatically, you would have to push a button to initiate it. Do you have your developers tab unlocked?
Yes I've got it open :) I know it would probably be easier to do a Vlook up, filter search ect but I get multiple changes through email and then need to plug that into another excel sheet for recording so I was just wondering if I could use a common denominator and get the changes to filter through? Any assistance it greatly appreciated