IPHONE 5 how to connect to internet

Closed
Cathrine - Updated on Jan 18, 2018 at 04:20 PM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 31, 2018 at 11:24 AM
My Iphone 5 is not connected to the internet can you please help me to connect it
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 18, 2018 at 04:23 PM
You can try this:

To enable 3G access, tap Settings, then General, and then tap Network. Tap to turn on the Enable 3G and Cellular Data settings. Do note that browsing the Internet using a 3G connection can eat up your data plan allotment quickly if your plan doesn't include unlimited data access.

To connect to Wi-Fi:

Tap Settings.
Tap Wi-Fi.
Switch Wi-Fi on.
Available Wi-Fi networks will appear under Choose a Network...
Tap on the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
Enter the wireless password and tap Join. You should now be connected to the internet.
Jijimaniac Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 3, 2018
Updated on Aug 31, 2018 at 09:57 AM
I bought my iphone i5 about 2 months ago. I've been using iPhone for 4 years, and I use 2 iphones now, a 4s 64GB and a 5 32 GB. It is important because I can compare the 2 iphones on the same wifi etc.

When I bought my i5, I immediately noticed that it does not seem to be faster than the 4s, but it worked. Then I started experiencing problems with the i5 while using wifi. Then, since about 2-3 weeks ago, I have started experiencing problems with the i5 while using any kind of internet connection, does not matter if it's wifi or 3G. Very serious problems, I mean it is like I can't download my emails, can't browse on the Safari app, Facebook app sometimes working, sometimes not, Youtube sometimes working, sometimes not, the only app that seems to be stable and reliable is a GPS-based sports app, Sports Tracker.

I can't even use the App Store! It can't load the updates! ****.

My software is up to date, I tried shooting out and restarting the apps, tried restarting the phone, etc. No improvement.

My boss, who bought his i5 the same time as me, has been experiencing the same problems. One interesting fact, that he also can't use his iphone for browsing etc., but he tried using it as a hot spot, and it worked perfectly as a hot spot, it shot the internet to the iPad like it is a perfect router!

THIS IS SERIOUS. I bought my i5 for a lot of money, and I can't use it for internet browsing. My boss also can't.

Should I wait for some software update, or should I bring my i5 back to Apple, and ask for a new one?!?!

please HELP!
Blocked Profile
Aug 31, 2018 at 11:24 AM
@Jijimaniac - we encourage you to post your own thread. You have a different issue than the OP!