Populate Data

Closed
meritm19 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2018 - Jan 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 31, 2018 at 04:39 PM
I need to auto-populate data from a master worksheet into multiple worksheets, while having the ability to add/delete rows in the master worksheet. These new added rows will have to also appear in the other worksheets. I was able to auto-populate the current data that I have in the master worksheet, but I am having trouble when I add a new row.

Footnote: I have columns A-T filled with data (with headers), and multiple different projects within the master worksheet. Each specific project is then individualized in different worksheets.

I want to be able to update all the worksheets from the master whenever I enter new rows or delete rows under each project.

You help in this matter will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 29, 2018 at 04:17 PM
I think this article is right up your alley!

Take a read and let us know if you get stuck!

https://ccm.net/faq/54862-how-to-copy-data-from-one-excel-sheet-to-another-using-a-formula
meritm19 Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2018
Jan 31, 2018 at 09:38 AM
Thanks for your help. I got stuck doing the user form/sheet controller and all the codes. I thought there'd be a simpler way of doing this :\
Blocked Profile
Jan 31, 2018 at 04:39 PM
Nope. No easy way.

You can dummy it down, and start with just cutting and pasting the whole row!

The real answer is, build a DATABASE. Build an entry form to enter in the data, and manipulate records that you wish to alter. Then REPORT on the data in whatever format you wish.

THAT is the EASIEST way to do what you are asking. Use a DB!