Reset macOS High Sierra Admin password

Solved/Closed
Janicemaye Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2018 - Feb 5, 2018 at 06:52 AM
 netflixhelps - May 20, 2019 at 02:50 PM
I am having trouble resetting my admin password in macOS high Sierra. I tried the steps mentioned here in thread https://ccm.net/forum/affich-73393-change-mac-admin-password-without-the-disk and everything was going smoothly as mentioned but in recovery mode I could not see any hard drive partition no Macintosh HD it's completely blank. Also the command "rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" does not help as it does not restart the apple setup.
Related:

2 responses

Neilgrant Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2018 5
Feb 5, 2018 at 01:40 PM
You might have FileVault turned on. Macintosh hard drive is locked and invisible in recovery mode when FileVault is turned on until you turn it off or unlock the disk by supplying the FV password. When you get to recovery mode select disk utility > Select the hard drive name from the list on the left and go to File menu > Choose Unlock or Turn FileVault off. You will need the password for FV and then go back to terminal. Try resetpassword command.
Janicemaye Posts 2 Registration date Monday February 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2018
Updated on May 20, 2019 at 03:28 PM
Thanks for the reply Neil, I have got this issue resolved finally. It really was filevault and somehow I found the recovery Key that I saved. I got help. which has put all the possible methods of resetting Mac admin password so nicely. Thanks again
I appreciate your post, Please Keep posting with more.