My laptop does not recognize my mp3 player

Solved/Closed
Renaee - Updated on Oct 8, 2017 at 11:34 PM
 Vaeh - Jan 9, 2019 at 01:20 PM
Hello, everything was working just fine. Then one evening I went to plug in my Sony mp3 player and it just sits there saying "connecting, connecting" but it never actually connects...I can't charge it from my laptop or download songs...it just doesn't recognize that IT IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN...is something wrong with the laptop...or is something wrong with my BRAND NEW mp3 player...when I bring the mp3 player to work and plug it in, it charges up just fine...so what am I missing here???
Related:

7 responses

I found the fix!!!

in control panel, go to system/ hardware/ device manager. Find the "portable devices" section and double click on the walkman device. select "update driver" button.

When asked--- tell it not to search and that you want to manually pick from a list. It should pop up two choices--- mtp or usb mass storage device.

Select usb mass storage and it reinstalls the "hard drive" driver and it shows up again in windows explorer.
You are an absolute genius. This is the first time I have been able to find a solution that works. You are worth bottling.
Dhiren Chandvania
Apr 14, 2010 at 07:18 PM
awesome .... this is the only solution which worked for me. I have being googling for a week but in vain ... thanks a lot ... cheers Dhiren