USB connected hard drive

Closed
Boy70 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2018 - Feb 6, 2018 at 09:59 PM
 Boy70 - Feb 20, 2018 at 08:39 PM
Hello,

I have connected a hard drive using a USB ATA/ATAPI BRIDGE. It shows up on the device manager in Windows 10 as working properly but does not show up when I search for drive or files in files explorer. Can any one help me on what I can do next. Thank You.
Related:

1 response

nathanwirth Posts 324 Registration date Thursday May 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 27, 2022 28
Feb 6, 2018 at 11:49 PM
Hi,

It seems that the drive is not compatible with the OS you are using, you need to update the drive's driver software to make that drive compatible with the operating system. Just go to the device manager do a right click on the drive and click on update driver software. After updating the drive reinsert it to check whether it starts detecting by the system or not.
I tired to update driver using in device manager and it stated that I had the latest drivers already installed. The hard drive information was put on it with Windows 7 and I thought my Windows 10 should read it. I also contacted the hard drive company and they just gave me a step to check the drive files for damage but I have not been able to run it from the cmd prompt as they had said. Still stuck.