Wifi driver problem

Closed
exele10 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2018 - Updated on Feb 7, 2018 at 01:01 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 8, 2018 at 04:46 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with my wifi driver : Intel (R) Centrino (R) Wireless-N 1000
MY PC : packard bell, easynote Tj65

The problem is :
whenever my PC turns ON, recovers from sleep mode, Restart it the wifi stops working, the wifi icon shows a red X mark.

I tried removing the drive and intall it again but didn't fix it, the only thing i can do is open network center and deactivate the card then activate it again, but this operation sometimes freeze my PC and sometimes nothing happen, the card won't deactivate and stays stuck, and if i try to restart my PC it won't, it will just stay on restarting screen, and if i force shut down it, it may damage my hard drive which happened before and had to replace it with a new one.

I've read online that my PC network card has a relation with the hotkey strip driver which I CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE.. It looks like my PC thinks i pressed the "turn wifi off" tactile hotkey.

I've been looking for a solution for a long time with no luck, also tried driver booster and by the way the hard drive is newly formated, and the hotkey strip (tactile touchs) drive isn't installed.

I don't know if removing the hotkey strip connecter will solve the problem or not.

any help will be gratful and thanks in advance !!

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 7, 2018 at 04:43 PM
Go into the hardware manager, and loo to see what the WIFI manufacturer is. The middle ware you speak of (hotkey strip) is just that, middleware. It does nothing but place a user layer between you and the devices settings. Once you have found out what chipset you have, go that manufacturer and search for the proper drivers. 32 or 64 bit, do you know?
exele10 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2018
Feb 8, 2018 at 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reply, i didn't quite understand what you said, i have windows 7 64-bit, the WIFI drive is already installed and up to date, see the link bellow, it shows my WIFI drive (sorry PC is in french)

https://imgur.com/iGswNM4
exele10 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday February 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2018
Feb 8, 2018 at 10:34 AM
I guess the problem is solved !! had to install the same driver from another file. only problem remaining is the hotkey strip driver.
Blocked Profile
Feb 8, 2018 at 04:46 PM
Cool deal. If this is solved, go ahead and mark it as such!