Need Help upgrading Sony T Ultrabook Hard drive up

Closed
dgunawan Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 27, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2018 - Feb 27, 2018 at 11:12 PM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 28, 2018 at 07:32 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a sony t series ultrabook svt151a11l running windows 10 (free upgrade from windows 8), lately my hard drive has been spinning hard and making loud noise esp during startup. My laptop has 24gb ssd (which in my understanding is a cache-only) and 750gb hdd (where windows is installed). I've been wanting to upgrade to ssd. Any idea if it's a straight swap, or is there anything particular that I should know before upgrading?
  • Do i leave the 24gb ssd attached, and swap the hdd with new ssd?

I read in other forums that sony bios is difficult to deal with for this laptop.

I also would like to clone my hdd to ssd so i can keep the original copy of windows 10 currently installed.

Please help me as this laptop is my daily driver which contains important data for my work.

Best regards,
Related:

1 response

Make 100% certain your MB will support SSD.

How are planning on "migrating" it? How are you going to get a valid license for windows? Even tho your 'KEY" is locked in the BIOS, you will need to "build" the OS from something. Do you have a valid copy?

dgunawan Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 27, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2018
Feb 28, 2018 at 07:21 PM
ive seen tutorials where people keep everything from old drive to new ssd using a migration software. i was wondering if it could work with my laptop.
Blocked Profile
Feb 28, 2018 at 07:32 PM
... as your MB supports booting from it. Do your homework and make 100% certain.