Can’t connect to any websites using any browser

Closed
FlopPlopHop - Updated on Mar 1, 2018 at 01:03 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 1, 2018 at 02:08 PM
So, this morning i browsed the web, and everything went good. Then, when I came home, I started to download a thing. I then stopped, and since that I have not been able to go to any website in any browser. It always times out, and is stuck at “establishing secure connection”. Any help is appreciated.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 1, 2018 at 02:08 PM
First try contacting your ISP and see if they are having problems, if you have another system that uses the same connection see if it also has issues. If you are using an Antivirus or Security Suite with web scanning, disable it and see if the problems persists. Check your modem and router they maybe dropping connections. Also check your Windows host file and see if it has been edited, if you are using an edited host file blocking list via HostsMan or another host manager, you may need to remove some entries.