Cant reset my Facebook password!

Closed
Danial_mz - Mar 9, 2018 at 01:14 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 9, 2018 at 05:27 PM
Hello
I've had some problems with my facebook account recently, i've gained access to the e-mail connected to it, and my phone is still connected to facebook.
The problem is, im not receiving any confirmation codes on my phone or email.

I can access messenger on my phone just fine, and i've tried changing the phone number on my messanger but im still not receiving any codes.

My email is an old one, and it was canceled or deleted by yahoo so i had to register it again.

I made sure it's the same email address on my facebook and i've checked my spam and trash folders, i've also checked my filters and added a new one specific for facebook.

What could possible be the problem here? and what can i do to reset my password?

Thanks for your time!

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 9, 2018 at 05:08 PM
Hi

The code is being sent to your old Yahoo mail account.

Sorry but you should have regularly accessed your Yahoo account to keep it active.
The new account i registered holds exactly the same address as the old one
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > Danial_mz
Mar 9, 2018 at 05:27 PM
There is a long technical explanation which I don't have the time to get into. There is more to an email address the just blablabla@whatever.com. There is the ip, the smtp, imap, pop, the servers, the proxies and more. Facebook does not recognize the origine to the root.

Also, Yahoo has drastically changed since it was hacked and purchased by Verizon.

Sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles.