How do i get Facebook back

Closed
TraceeElliott - Updated on Mar 10, 2018 at 06:36 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Mar 10, 2018 at 06:59 PM
Hello,
I was using facebook and next thing I know I'm being logged out and then a message came up that I was being logged out of messenger too !!
Now when I try to log in again it's asking me for my phone number but saying my phone number is invalid.
It's the only one I have !!
It's sending a 6 digit code but not to my number.
How do I get fb back ??
I have google everything I can and nothing is helping.
I even went through the verifying who I am and it said I couldn't do that because my account is not deactivated.
Facebook need to have a real contact centre because this is bloody ridiculous !!
Please can someone help ??

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Mar 10, 2018 at 06:06 PM
Hi Tracee

Facebook with a real contact centre ! You must be kidding! Facebook has over two billion users but only 60,000 employees. To answer the daily hundreds of thousands mails or phone calls, they would need to put the cafeteria short order cooks, janitors, gardeners, window and dish washers to work and yet it would no suffice.

Now, tell me, is you page presently online for everyone to see?

How do you know they are not sending the code to the correct number?

What was the exact message you got. Usually Facebook sends a message by sms or email.

Are you trying to connect through your phone or computer? Did you create your account with your phone?
TraceeElliott
Mar 10, 2018 at 06:19 PM
Sorry but a billion dollar business needs to be accountable !!
But thank-you for responding

Anyway my friend tried to look me up and all we can find is a really old fb profile which I haven't used for about 4 yrs
The one I have been using is gone.

The code is not coming to my mobile which is all I have.
I did have a tablet with another number but I'm sure I didn't set fb up with that.

I was on fb and it suddenly went to the login blue page saying I have been logged out and then the same message happened for messenger.
I received no message as to why.

I think I did it through my Samsung tablet but I only have my phone now.

Thanks for helping me I'm at my wits end and so angry this keeps happening.
It's 2 times now.
Last time it automatically came back but so far not this time.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > TraceeElliott
Mar 10, 2018 at 06:35 PM
Hi Tracee,

I agree with you. Facebook's customer care is poor. All of their system is on the automatic. Most their people online is to check for infractions to the terms of use. Here at CCM.net we receive hundred or requests for help with Facebook. We do our best to give answers and possible solutions.

You are now in the automated gear box.

You say that you have found a four year old profile. It could be that Facebook compared that profile and you present profile. Since Facebook allows only one profile per person hence disabled the one you have been using.
TraceeElliott
Mar 10, 2018 at 06:44 PM
I can't access the old one though or I would still be using it.
I don't know what you mean by automated gear box ?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > TraceeElliott
Mar 10, 2018 at 06:59 PM
automated gear box= all answers and solutions from Facebook are handled by robots.

Sorry I can't help you access your old account. Try to recover it