Network connection with cod 4 ps3

Closed
phil - Jun 5, 2009 at 08:44 PM
 pj - Oct 24, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Hello,
please help every other game works online except cod 4, i sign in my friends list is visible and working but when i go to play ( bring up which game i would like to play find game ) it sits on a downloading game settings screen and if i select private match it freezes, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

PS3 system
Related:

5 responses

My PSN=Mic_k0
Aug 1, 2009 at 02:52 PM
try and find the settings of your router/modem and turn off the uPnP from the settings and it will work, i think the uPnP organises and restricts certain ports for gaming
themoneyshott
Aug 13, 2009 at 06:23 AM
sign out n sign in when "Downloading Game Settings..."
Just like the answer-posts from Aug 2009 wrote down about the UPnP - turn it off on your router admin and the PS3 connects like a champ to your friends' invites. I had the same problem for three months (after installing new G router with higher security and encyption; WEP sucks) and tried many "fixes" found online. None worked until this one.

Just go to your router's admin settings and turn off the UPnP and refresh your PS3's internet connection settings. I called my friend to get onto COD4 and CODWaW, and we connected to each others invites with no problems.
mine does the same thing have you figured anything out about that problem

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
roidver Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday April 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2009 1
Jun 6, 2009 at 08:53 AM
Hello,

I will advise you using another COD dvd to play!
get a new COD disc is really ur best answer??? I was hoping for a website w useful information...