Ask a question Report

PS3 not supported [Solved/Closed]

Braddles - Latest answer on Dec 26, 2012 11:51AM
I hooked up my hdmi cable ps3 to my tv and it's said "mode not supported" and i did a test run on another tv and it worked fine, it's a HDTV, i just don't understand!!!!
Please help
Read more 
moins plus
Hook up your PS3 to you TV with the HDMI cable. Now, when you turn on your PS3, hold the power button on the PS3 for 5 seconds. It will reset the PS3 video options and recognize the HDMI connection. It will then search for the correct resolution settings on the TV. Press (X) to confirm. And that's it. You should be set. If not, then the TV is acting rather strange.

-Good Luck

Papa- Nov 25, 2012 09:04AM
Hi should it be jeanless or jeanius - cheers its saved my bacon with my bos!
s-imers- Dec 2, 2012 07:37AM
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
TW- Dec 5, 2012 12:34AM
Awesome. Glad to know I wasn't the only one stumped by something so simple.
GoonerGomaa- Dec 6, 2012 10:26AM
May I name my first child after you?

If it doesn't work for you, keep your finger till it makes a second beep, the screen then changes and it starts to work!
TL- Dec 26, 2012 11:51AM
Excellent, thanks!
moins plus
Turn off PS3... Hold the on button and it will turn on but keep holding untill it beeps again and continue holding for 5 sec. Then turn on normally and it should set up the HDMI

J- Apr 29, 2010 11:20PM
Thanks DemonLord, your idea worked. I now realize that I previously had a 1080p tv hooked up with 1080p settings and I then switched back to a 1080i tv so I guess my ps3 was still trying to display 1080p output to my 1080i tv so my tv said "mode not supported." But now I have the picture back on its 1080i pircture. Thanks again!
SM- May 2, 2010 02:04PM
Thanks so much for the five second suggestion, it worked great. After we got it running we also went into the PS3 setup menu and selected automatic for video output resolution and audio output settings. This automatically resets the PS3 when you move it from one Tv to another.
Badmanpistol- Nov 16, 2012 06:56PM
Just read your advice and tried it. it works! thank you very much
twitch- Nov 18, 2012 09:53AM
I had the same problem, now its fixed. Thank you :) :) :)
moins plus
Thank you so much about holding down the power button for 5 seconds, i have been trying to figure this out for hours.... THanks so much

moins plus
i do have a hdtv

moins plus
Thank you very much, so helpful indeed.

moins plus
Hello you must have a HDTV to get connected to the ps3

moins plus
On the side of the TV, there must be a port labeled HDMI. If it is not the case then, there is no way your PS will run on your TV

This document entitled « PS3 not supported » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.