Ask a question Report

Using a laptop to play ps3 through (hdmi) [Solved/Closed]

Im confuzzled - Latest answer on Jun 2, 2013 11:32AM
Hi, how do you play a ps3 through a laptop, cos it wont play on my shitty tv, and i was told that it will play through a hdmi cable on your laptop screen? (and btw the laptop is an acer aspire so's info specific to this type would be really helpful). thanks for the help (if i get any) :)
Read more 
Answer
+241
moins plus
Gentlemen,

Before you say something, please first ensure you don't say anything stupid...

Yes there are laptops/notebooks with HDMI INPUT port on the market!

For example CLEVO X8100 (and all other rebranded versions such as XXODD XNi8100x, etc.) and who knows how many other ones.

Follows an extract of it's user manual downloadable from http://www.xxodd.nl/manuals/XNi8100x.pdf and you'll be with me:
"This computer features both HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) input
and output ports... The HDMI-In port allows you to display external sources such as Blu-ray players,DVDs, set top boxes and games consoles etc. on your computer screen... Make sure you install the HDMI-In driver in order to support any HDMI input sources (see “HDMI-In Driver” on page 4 - 6). When the HDMI-In driver is installed the
GameMate Media Player will be installed...
"

Answer
+103
moins plus
dude The HDMI port on all laptops are output only. It allows users to use thier laptop as a potable media device to plug into High-Def TVs and projectors. so theres no way to hook it up unless u get x8100 its input.

bro u wrong- May 12, 2013 07:02PM
Looking at the side of my labtop right now, I have a HDMI 'Out' and right next to it is a HDMI 'In"
Billbill17- Jun 2, 2013 11:32AM
Plug it in to the in one and see what happens
Answer
+90
moins plus
well my toshiba satellite is full hd screen TruBrite technology, and full input output hdmi soooo....

Answer
+55
moins plus
Unfortunately Eupryion is incorrect. There are laptops available that have HDMI input.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/product_customed.php?pid=258533
is one. I have it.

There might be others. Do your research. Here's a link that may lead to others manufactured by Clevo.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/...

Answer
+45
moins plus
He is right all laptops on the market that have hdmi hookups are output only and quite frankly it may damager you laptop or hdmi circuitry if you try and plug a ps3 or a xbox360 into them. I don't know where these guys got their info but they are sadly mistaken. The hdmi is for using your laptop with a hdmi compatible tv or monitor...nothing else, so please don't plug your game systems in your laptops that would be very stupid.

Puffm098- May 1, 2010 03:21AM
i did it and i think that is why it poped up next time i turned on the cpu because it came up with a windows repar thin so i took it to office works and i had to reset the laptop, meaning re install all of the drivers which too 2-3 hours so dont do it!
Jordie H.- May 24, 2013 10:00AM
You don't know what you are even talking about...
Answer
+42
moins plus
WRONG!
I own a Sager NP 8120 and I DO have both an HDMI in and an HDMI out port. GameMate software came with drivers, can play nearly anything that can be pushed through an HDMI port! Please see website at www.sagernotebooks.com!

Answer
+22
moins plus
how do you figure out if you HDMI port is input or not?

i have Toshiba L500-1Z9 -satellite laptop. i just cant figure out if it is HDMI input or out put?

thanks

Puffm098- May 1, 2010 03:19AM
i have a L500 satelite laptop and it is an output. if you pug you head phones or another screen to it it will pop up with this thing and it will have what thing you have pluged in and one of them will be hdmi output.
Answer
+17
moins plus
is there an adapter that converts hdmi output into input ???

Answer
+16
moins plus
Does your laptop has a HDMI input? Check it out if there is a port with the name HDMI.
Note that only new models are equipped with such feature.

kuhmera- Jul 13, 2010 07:13PM
uhm .. sorry for the bother .. but, I have a laptop.. HP Pavillion Laptop G60-414CA .. and it has a port that is labeled HDMI under the port.. but i'm not sure if it as input port as well as an output.. or just an output port.. i would like to play my ps3 on my laptop screen since my t.v. is really bad quality.. could you please help me out here.. thank you (:
kuhmera- Jul 13, 2010 07:21PM
I have a laptop.. HP Pavillion Laptop G60-414CA .. and it has a port that is labeled HDMI under it.. but im not sure if its an input port or an output port.. could you please help me out..
Death- May 15, 2011 12:24PM
i have a Acer Aspire One computer and im not sure if its hdmi plug is input or output
Answer
+14
moins plus
Yes, HDMI on laptops are only outputs sofar, but I do run the ps3 and other devices through an RCA input and some have S Video inputs.

Answer
+13
moins plus
It turns out that playing your ps3 on your laptop is very hit and miss.As most laptops dont have a hdmi input mostly just output it would only be possible using a usb tv tuner,however this causes a delay in the precise reaction time so unless you have a really good processer it probably would be a bit too frustrating.

Answer
+6
moins plus
if there is an hdmi port on the laptop you can play it there is an hdmi port on hp laptops

Answer
+5
moins plus
Honestly i have no idea i've been trying to figure out the same very problem but with an Xbox 360, but i think if you buy a HDMI adapter (converts from USB 2.0 to HDMI) i think that may work so im going to try that when i can get an adaptor im using a mac so i will use the one from the apple store. Try just asking at some shops to see if they have any.

Answer
+4
moins plus
I suggest you get a HDMI adapter(i have been trying to fix the same problem) i use a mac so ill buy the mini display por version, but you could probably ask at a local shop is they have one for PC if i remember when i get a mac one ill let you know if it work, it will most likely be the same for mac and pc in this senario.

This document entitled « using a laptop to play ps3 through (hdmi) » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.