Itunes wants to delete all my songs

Solved/Closed
DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY SONGS - Jun 7, 2009 at 04:27 PM
 trge - Oct 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Hello,
i recently bought a new computer and dowmloaded my itunes. before on my old computer I had an itunes with like 200 songs. since I got my new computer I bought 20 songs and tried to transfer them onto my ipod. Everytime I try to however, a message pops up saying that if I transfer the new songs onto my ipod all of my old songs will be deleted. what should I do?

Extra:
i also get a pop up saying that a newer version of itunes is ready for download. Should I download it or will it just make things worse? there is also a pop up that says this "Itunes has detected that it is not the default player for audio files. would you like to the default programs control panel to fix this?"
Related:

16 responses

warrio_r Posts 4 Registration date Thursday April 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2009 5
Updated on Nov 27, 2018 at 05:05 AM
hi, if you sync you iPod with iTunes, all the music in the iPod will be deleted.

What you need to do is to :
  • click on your iPod icon when you connect it to the computer and then check "Manually manage music".
  • Then you need to create a playlist, put all the songs you want to add in your iPod, then under the iPod click on Music, and you will see "Autofill from:" below the window.
  • Select the playlist yu created and click on autofill.

Thus the songs will be added without deleting the ones which were already on the iPod.
It is recomonded that you update the iTunes when you are prompted to do so.
Thus you can get more features.
Thanks so much for this solution!!
The apple experts have been unable to explain this to me even after several appointments!
My computer completely crashed, and I was so uninterested in having to re-load all the music off the CDs that I had put into my iPhone ~
I had purchased some new music and been unable to put them into my phone. Thanks so much - I finally have my newly purchased music in my phone, and still have all of my original music in tact :))
Alright already, okay not sure if this was posted but here it goes. The way I did it was to go to My Computer, then go to the Ipod drive as if it were a mass storage device. Then go to Ipod Control, then the music folder(FYI you should set your computer to see hidden folders) in this folder you should be able to see all your music files but in ipod lingo. Just drag all off them out onto a separate folder you create on your desktop, and congratulations you are backing up your files. Now this might take awhile but after it is complete you can perform the system reset on your Ipod. To add files again you would have to open the folder you transferred all of your music to, and open every single folder until you see your mpeg. You can then drag those into your ipod with itunes open of course and everything should work just fine. What I did, I just kept Itunes open with my ipod plugged in, and opened the folder where all my music was on the computer and I just dragged them all from the folder into the ipod. Should work. Peace.