Usb flash unable to format please help me!

Closed
ebossee - Jun 8, 2009 at 06:09 AM
deadboywalkin Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2010 - Sep 23, 2010 at 07:42 AM
Hello,
i have a genx usb 16gb and its a new and i worked for 2 days and 3rd day when i tried to format it show this error "device media is write protected" after i try download hp utility and then im getting this error "there no media in specified device"but its is still deceteding and i can seen in my computers but when i go for format no how can i solve this pls help me i will be i will be highly thankful to u
regards
Related:

5 responses

brady8 Posts 15 Registration date Thursday January 1, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2009 9
Jun 8, 2009 at 09:51 AM
Hye there,

its better you scan the pen drive to remove threats before you format it,
Normally these threats won't allow you to format the pen drive!

Update your anti virus and then on my computer, right click on your pen drive
Select scan using antivirus!
It will take some time, just wait until scanning if finished
hello,
i hve 16gb genx .i brouhgt it from israel, i put some files and date bu i can put som more,,there is a limit that i can put inside ng flash ,,only 7 gb is enough to put but i want to know that the flash is 16gb why is it only 7 gb max. i put inside....plz help m to ans my question and beside sometime the device media is write protected..can you please answer my question ..how can i usemy flash in a maximum size of 16gb?pls help me i will be highly thankful to you ......
computer nerd
Jul 17, 2010 at 03:40 AM
if it's anything like my flash drive there should be a switch on it that can protect the data, keep you from formatting it, adding more files, and deleting files
deadboywalkin Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 23, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2010
Sep 23, 2010 at 07:42 AM
it seems that the flash's firmware got defected download this tool called chip genius and make a note of your vid and pid numbers and then click on the link offered in the software
download the tool that matches your controller chip and flash it back

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
thanx for given sugestion with hope u do always this hepl to me
i try that i got this massage "Scan was completed with error. error:the device is not ready "
and i have avst antivirus with updated . can u give any other way or any tool

thnx