WAN connection down

Solved/Closed
Gdubcwell75 - Nov 13, 2018 at 07:43 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 14, 2018 at 04:41 PM
Hello,

One day, out of the blue, my router's WAN connection went down. I went through troubleshooting and turned it off and back on, yada yada yada. I followed the ethernet (or whatever its called) cable back the the phone jack on the wall where it plugs in and unplugged it. When I did that, I noticed a clear, sticky, almost booger like substance and I thought it might be some type of glue. However, this substance had found it's way into the connection and something told me that it doesnt belong there. Idk if something leaked through the wall or what it is but, I just would like to see if this has happened to anyone else. I've been with my internet provider for over a year and have had no trouble until this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 14, 2018 at 04:50 AM
No, there should be nothing in your telephone line socket. The connection between cable and port are metallic. Sounds like maybe wallpaper paste or something leaked in? maybe the capacitors within that socket have leaked? Is your internet working now?

Does your wall socket have 2 screws you could undo to check the electrics behind it?