Ares2.1.0.

Closed
revjjdiaz Posts 1 Registration date Monday November 26, 2018 Status Member Last seen November 26, 2018 - Nov 26, 2018 at 03:47 PM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 26, 2018 at 05:21 PM
Hello, My name is JJ. I'm running Ares 2.1.8.3042 and it used to connect very fast. I tried using newer versions of Ares at saw that when I searched for things to download, I was downloading from torrents. I got several notifications from my internet provider that I was going to get in trouble if I continued to download copyrighted material. I had never gotten this notifications before. This happened on Ares versions from 2.4.0 and later. I have 3 computers. the other two computers that I still have Ares 2.1.8. still running, will connect fine even if it does take a while to do so. But I installed 2.1.8. back on the PC I had tried the newer versions of Ares on and now it will not connect at all. When I download stuff on version 2.1.8., music, movies, etc., I download directly from other users and they can download from my files too and have no problem with copyrights. Anyway, my main question is why won't Ares 2.1.8. not connect anymore? Please help.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 70.0.3538.102

1 response

Blocked Profile
Nov 26, 2018 at 04:47 PM
It seems as your ISP does not want to get into trouble. They are responsible for YOU downloading copyrighted material, and therefore made it so they do not have to worry about you connecting to those servers anymore.

Any other ideas guys and gals?
Thanks ac3mark, I appreciate the help but I don't believe it has anything to do with the IP because my other two computers are running off the same IP and they do connect. I'm not too knowledgeable about computers but I'm wondering if after trying several different versions of Ares if something in my PC registry messed up or something. I tried other suggestions I saw on the forum like changing the incoming connection ports but no luck. Someone else suggested I needed to set my download folder back to the default folder. Still no luck. I'll keep trying. Thanks
Blocked Profile
Nov 26, 2018 at 05:21 PM
Are the previous versions still on that PC? You should not keep multiple version of the same software on the PC!