Closed
Writergurl - Dec 3, 2018 at 06:43 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 3, 2018 at 05:51 PM
Hello,
My adapter is trapped in the slot. How can I get it out of my Dell inspiron

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 70.0.3538.110
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 3, 2018 at 05:34 PM
I assume the adapter fits into a USB slot

Step 1 instructions for memory card slot

Turn your computer off and unplug it. Never work on any electronic device while it is still powered up.
Step

Make sure the card is truly stuck. Some machines have a mechanism built in to keep the cards from falling out. Look for any buttons or pinholes next to the slot. If you find a button; press it. If you find a pinhole, use a paperclip to gently press in on it. If you find neither, try gently pushing the back of the card to release the mechanism.
Video of the Day
Step 2

Use the flashlight to determine the position and location of the stuck card.
Step 3

Use a pair of needle-nose pliers to gently grab the chip. Using steady, mild pressure pull straight back making sure not to pull at an angle. Do not squeeze too hard or you'll risk damaging the chip casing.
Step 4

Use a small flathead screwdriver if the card is too far in to get tweezers around it. If you can still see the top of the card, use the screwdriver to gently lift it up to a point at which you can reach it with tweezers.
Step

Check the card over once you have retrieved it to make sure all the parts are accounted for. Check for the gold colored prongs, and look for any obvious cracks or damage.
Blocked Profile
Dec 3, 2018 at 05:51 PM
I am waiting for the "Video of the Day ".