Unable to open a file with OpenOffice.org

Closed
phillcollian Posts 8 Registration date Thursday September 27, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2018 - Updated on Dec 6, 2018 at 02:46 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 7, 2018 at 05:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have installed OpenOffice.org 3 where I have been trying to open some Math files sent by my client. All open perfectly but one isn't. Is there any trick which can help me?

Thanks
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Dec 7, 2018 at 05:30 PM
I would start with asking them to resend it. If all others are working but one, then what is in common? Nothing. The one is an exception. Have the CLIENT resend it, verfiying no passwords are present, and that they can access it prior to sending. Try to use a NON email method for sending (xdrive or shared drive).
Ratnendra Ashok Posts 598 Registration date Wednesday November 28, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2020   4,418
Updated on Dec 6, 2018 at 12:16 PM
Hi,

Would suggest you to first open the Task Manager. You can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons together. Go in Details tab and End Task for all soffice listings appearing in it. Now, close the Task Manager and try opening the file in OpenOffice.

Please let us know if you were able to resolve the issue!

ThanksĀ 
Josepmill Posts 1 Registration date Thursday December 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen December 6, 2018
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:15 PM
Hi,

First follow the steps suggested by Mr. Ashok because that can help you. If you will get same issue and unable to recover formulas then go for SysInfo OpenOffice.org Math Recovery Tool. Math Recovery Tool is designed to recover all data which were been saved in OpenOffice.org Math ODF file.

Thanks