Home phone line disconnects from internet randomly without any reason

Closed
UncleSlamm Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2019 - Updated on Jan 1, 2019 at 12:03 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 4, 2019 at 10:18 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to why or how the internet gets disconnected, When the home phone station flashes a red light where it says Line in- use. we lose connection all together with our router and it seems the router loses it all together when this happens as well. You pick up the phone to answer but all we hear is like fax noise and loud whines. But this confuses us because we don't own a fax machine and nothing other than our home phone and router are connected to the phone line. any answers to fix this problem will be most appreciated thanks. p.s we also checked the line already and nothing is wrong with it.
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,830
Dec 31, 2018 at 04:06 PM
Do you have a filter in the phone line? DSL lines require a filter.

Good Luck
UncleSlamm Posts 2 Registration date Monday December 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 3, 2019
Jan 3, 2019 at 11:58 PM
Thanks for the response. I have tried two different filters an neither of them has changed the problem.status is still the same.
Blocked Profile
Jan 4, 2019 at 10:18 AM
If you have tried 2 different filters, they aren't the right ones. Contact your provider and tell them your issues. xpcman is correct, you need a line filter on the phone line. If you are not installing them on the EACH AND EVERY PHONE THAT IS PLUGGED IN, even just one getting RING voltage will kill the synch!

Please understand, I used to deploy DSL/ISDN/POTS for a living!