Ask a question Report

Monitor keeps going in power save mode [Solved/Closed]

diane31diane 1Posts Thursday June 11, 2009Registration date June 11, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 23, 2013 03:18PM
Hello,
I am trying to connect my laptop to a monitor. The monitor worked fine with a pc when I last used it, a while ago. I have recently used the same laptop with another monitor, and that worked fine. But those two together... the best I managed was to get the monitor to show me the laptop's desktop for 2 seconds before going back to safe mode. Any idea what's going on??
Thanks in advance!
Read more 
Answer
+50
moins plus
hi,

check the VGA cable, it might be loose.

press the Fn key and CRT/LCD key found in the F keys to switch the screen.

Styx- Jun 29, 2010 01:10AM
Thanks, I had the Power Save Mode thing, so I tried your idea and pressed the Fn +F5 keys,
Now it works great! Thanks again

Peter
Hadara- Nov 23, 2010 06:50PM
I think you just solved my problem too!!!
johnrt2007- Dec 15, 2010 01:49PM
i tried this method it doesnt work please help my computer goes into power save mode after 15 mins of me playing an online or disc game the screens power light just blinks and power save mode pops up and it goes to a black screnn please please help me
blkmd2be- Dec 11, 2011 07:01PM
Just solved my issue! Thank you!
boog- Feb 18, 2013 09:24PM
where u find these keys
Answer
+15
moins plus
thank you
I my case it had to do with the resolution: when it is set too small (with another screen) the monitor can't handle it

when i called the LG-helpdesk they could tell me the exact possible (smallest) resolution I could use ans it worked :-)

Answer
+11
moins plus
I ran LG monitor as 2nd monitor off my laptop for a long time then it started going into analog power mode also. I did what forums said nothing worked, cables fine so know it had to be a settings problem. Figured out my solution

Control panel-->appearance-->Display--> screen resolution
noticed resolution was at 1366*768, but it was grayed out so i couldn't change it.
So I:
Set multiple displays to extend
Clicked display drop-down box to 1. mobile PC display
Changed the resolution to 1024*768
Changed display back to 2. Generic Monitor
And screen popped up on 2nd monitor per usual

Answer
+9
moins plus
I just had a problem with my LG monitor and has been working great until now. The solution is to make sure there is only one connection from pc to monitor. I unhooked the blue cable and the analog power saving mode disappeared! It works better now!

Answer
+6
moins plus
I had the same problem. This worked. Remove the small button battery from the motherboard and then proceed the start up in the normal way. Select F2 if the option appears, altho' the start up may go all the way normally.
Purchase NEW battery. First battery purchase replacement was a dud for me which really put me back trying all sorts of other stuff.
Please disconnect power to pc before removing the battery. If you got fat fingers use an electricians screwdriver to pop the battery holding clip.
Good luck

Answer
+6
moins plus
Most probably thatz an issue with motherboard which has an inbuilt display card.
If u have such mother board
it will even do the same effect to another system which has the same configuration. It happens for me.
My working system suffered the same issue when a system with this issue is plugged with my lg monitor.

This document entitled « monitor keeps going in power save mode » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.