Give a cell zero value depending on another cell's value

Closed
LSBUYS Posts 1 Registration date Friday February 1, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 1, 2019 - Feb 1, 2019 at 05:38 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 1, 2019 at 12:02 PM
I have an interesting challenge
I am a altra marathon runner busy creating a "log program" for my running
Cell A1 = Distance Ran
Cell B1 = Hours
Cell C1 = Minutes
Cell D1 = Seconds
If Cell A1 = 0, I always want the next 3 cells to be zero as well
The reason is a user kan input data into the sheet on a certain date, but later realise that the data was entered on the incorrect date. When user go back to the incorrect date and ZERO the Distance ran Cell (A1), I want (B1:D1) to be zero'ed as well without the user having to overwrite the previously input data
Eaxample:
Date Day of week Distance Hours Minutes Seconds
31 December 2018 Monday 12.00 1 45 20

User realise it should be for 1st January and not 31st December, but only change "A1" to ZERO

This is the display now
31 December 2018 Monday 0.00 1 45 20

I want it to lok like this
31 December 2018 Monday 0.00 0 0 0

Can this be done with DATA VALIDATION and a "IF" statement?

Regards

Louis

1 response

No formula can alter values without user interaction. so, even if you wrote a formula that checked for zero values, once the value has been set, it will not be altered without a push of the button, or some other command entered in by the user.

Why not use a database with an entry form? Then you just write reports against the entered data, and no programming is really needed. If the user sees bogus info on the report, they delete the entry or correct the entry in the table.