Been locked out of my yahoo account for over a year

Closed
DsInTrouble Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday February 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2019 - Updated on Feb 6, 2019 at 05:21 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 6, 2019 at 05:22 PM
Been locked out of my yahoo account for over a year. Changed phone numbers and somehow months later I was logged off one day. Had no other yahoo account to verify my identity, using a key. NOW,,,, when I try to log in and I click the Don’t have access to that phone it normally gives the “uh-oh” message. Sometimes it gives me a chance to guess the security “question”, it asks no question!!! I’ve guessed it correctly I suppose and when it asked me the second question (it does have one) I answer it correctly it sends me to the old “uh-oh” now bend over response and no way to recover account. YES I’m answering the security questions correctly because if I don’t, it tells me it’s wrong. I’m not interested in the emails but I do have a lot of photos sent in emails that I am interested in. Plus I have over 11,000 photos it looks like I might be loosing on Flickr because of their sudden glitch that has me unable to log in on anything but my iPhone5 and their sudden decision to limit 1000gb of free storage to 1000 PHOTOS!!!!

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!! Thanks D.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Feb 6, 2019 at 05:22 PM
Hi

Yahoo no longer uses secret questions, the system may ask for them but they don't work.

If you have not used your account for 12 months, it's been deleted from the server.

Sorry